sound deadening and electrical questions

Got a question? This is the place to ask
wheelcoversforall

sound deadening and electrical questions

Post by wheelcoversforall »

Does anyone have experience with either of the following:

Extensive sound deadening (dynamat, etc.) of Forward Look cars (areas of car, products, etc.)? I don't like road noise/etc., but still want to enjoy driving my car as much as possible.

Generator/etc. upgrades to better support daily driving (short of on-board battery tender or conversion to alternator)? Any experience with under-driving generators to make them better at idle?

I'm building my generated non-A/C car (30A generator?) to be a daily driver and want to keep it stock looking while driving/performing as modern/maintenance-free as possible. I've read some about the 'gener-nator' product on-line, but it seems a bit expensive for my needs.

Thanks in advance for information anyone can give.

Jeffrey
She's got good potential
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

Hi Jeffrey - I tried putting Dynamat in the doors and the back windows of my 59 SF and did not notice any differance. I'm restoring it right now and when I took off the door and rear panels some of the adhesive on the dynamat had let loose and they fell to the bottom. Probably the best thing to do is to install the heat shield/sound deading mat under the carpet. Thats what I am going to try. Can't help with the generator question except that both my 59's have generators, I don't use them as daily drivers but I haven't had any problems on short or long trips either.
Dick.
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.