'59 SF's for sale?

Hey, I've got this part. Interested in buying it?
Faulkner

'59 SF's for sale?

Post by Faulkner »

Here are two notes from Gary Grossich -- the first is a personal correspondence, and the second is a recent post to the Forward Look mailing list. Check it out!!!
Gary wrote:From: Sandy Grossich [mailto:grossich@adelphia.net]
Sent: Friday, August 26, 2005 9:34 PM
To: dan@59sportfury.net

Hi Dan
I was on your site today also. I was going to register but couldn't figure it out. Still not the best with computers. My 59 convertible was featured in Special Interest Autos several years ago. It was in a drive report against the 59 Chevy and Ford and of course the Mopar came out on top!! It is a mostly original, copper car with power windows and seat along with Mirrormatic. It is a 318 car. I also have a black 318 car with the orangey red interior, a white with copper interior 361 Golden Commando car and a white with blue 318 car. These are complete cars in storage needing restoration. We also have 2 59 wagon parts cars, 2 Sport Fury hardtop parts cars, a 59 Fury 2 door hardtop builder and a Savoy 4 door sedan for parts. Also have lots of great California rust free parts. If you can give me some pointers on getting registered I'd love to join the registry.
Regards, Gary & Sandy
Gary wrote:From: Forward Look Mopar Discussion List
[mailto:L-FORWARDLOOK@LISTS.PSU.EDU] On Behalf Of Sandy Grossich
Sent: Thursday, November 02, 2006 11:42 PM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@LISTS.PSU.EDU
Subject: [FWDLK] Mopar Cars & Parts

Hello Forwardlookers,

Unfortunately it appears my father and I will be losing our storage yard in the next several months. We have a bunch (more than any sane person should have!!) of Mopars from the 1930s thru the 1960s, with the majority of them being from the forward look years of
55 thru 61. For years we have collected some to restore and saved others from the crusher because other people lost their storage and I guess its now our turn! Anyway, we have quite a few rust free California project cars and parts cars which we will be selling over the next few months. I don't have a list but would be more than happy to answer specific parts or car inquires. If interested please e- mail me off list @ grossich@adelphia.net. Thanks!!

Gary
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Faulkner

This just in from Gary!

Post by Faulkner »

By the way, Google lists this as contact info for Gary:

Gary Grossich (909) 874-0985
19184 Santa Ana Ave,Bloomington, CA 92316
Gary wrote:> -----Original Message-----
> From: Sandy Grossich [mailto:grossich@ADELPHIA.NET]
> Sent: Friday, November 03, 2006 12:19 PM
> To: morton@rad.upenn.edu
> Subject: Re: [59plymouth] RE: [FWDLK] Mopar Cars & Parts
>
>
> Hi Dan,
> Yes, we have 2 59 Sport Fury HT's and 1 Fury HT. All 3 are good
> builders. We also have 2 other Sport Fury HTs, but they've been
> parted out pretty heavily over the years. There are another 6 or so
> 59 Plymouths for parts in that storage yard. Thanks for the help!!
>
> Regards, Gary
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

I contacted Gary about these cars, and he doesnt HAVE to sell them now, so if you want any of them, you'll have to be pro-active and make him an offer he can't refuse, or wait until he posts them with a definite asking price.
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Got this message just yesterday from Gary. Contact information for him is earlier in this thread -- see below for pictures.
Gary Grossich wrote:Hi Dan,
We finally dug out the white 59 Sport Fury. It's a 361 Commando car with power windows. I was wondering if I could e-mail pics and post on the web site. It's a good builder with some rust and a few missing parts. The rust probably would probably be considered minimal for a mid west or east coast buyer. The body itself is in pretty nice condition and all the factory tinted glass is intact. We're going to ask $6000.00 for it. Thanks for your help!!
Regards, Gary
1959 Ply13.jpg
1959 Ply11.jpg
1959 Ply10.jpg
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

more pix...
1959 Ply18.jpg
1959 Ply17.jpg
1959 Ply16.jpg
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

and three more. I have more pix, email me privately if you wish to see.

Dan
1959 Ply28.jpg
1959 Ply26.jpg
1959 Ply22.jpg
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

a sport fury with powerflite? maybe someone switched controls..
savvy59

Post by savvy59 »

and all along I thought it was me that could not count!!!

What about price - is it a fair deal?

I have seen much worse.

Curt in MD
There's Nothing Finer Than My '59er!
savvy59

Post by savvy59 »

After I read this post that I wrote - it sure did not sound right.

What I meant to say is am "I the only one counting four push buttons here?"

I did not realize a 361 would be coupled with a two-speed???

Can this be true?

This sure seems like a really complete and pretty intact car for the price.
Be a shame to have this one parted out.

Sorry if my post sounded offensive. :oops:

Curt in MD where it was warm today!!!
There's Nothing Finer Than My '59er!
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

Ahhh, what a question. Of course it all depends on the condition. The car looks like it was abandoned out in the weather for many years. We don't know if mice have eaten the wiring, if rust has destroyed the p/w switches..if the dash has been irreversibly "modified" by fire, vermin, kids, etc..
the engine is missing water pump, fan, air cleaner, generator? and more. we dont know if it is seized. The gas tank is likely ful of crud..brakes will have to be re-done. A new interior costs $3500 and up.
Some good things to say..all glass appears to be there and decent, the swivel seats are there, the SF side trim appears to be complete. We cant see if the floors are rusty(..they said it has rust somewhere....)
I'd say the asking price is high by one third.
I sure like the look of the 1960 Ply cvt showing in the backround of one of the pictures.
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

For those itchin' to see more pix -- here's a folder full of 'em:

[snip - sorry, I seem to have misplaced this folder :? -Dan]

Enjoy!

Dan
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

After viewing the additional pictures, I credit the Grossiches for their honesty by showing the "real" condition of the car..rusted-out floors, rust- out at the "dog-legs", rust-out at the trunk lid and also around the back window. My guess is the trunk quarters have been patched. All the wiring has to be toast. The side trim is missing pieces and is damaged in places. The interior pot metal is pitted due to long exposure to humidity. There are no p/w switches to be seen. Strangely, the car LOOKS like a Sport Fury, but has powerflite tranny and a single front-mounted antenna. The hood and trunk scripts are missing. I'd like to see the VIN Tag close up. I'd value the car at $3k, tops.
sportfury1959

Post by sportfury1959 »

In my oponion, looking on several small things, this seems to be a real SF. The tranny might have been changed later for a 2 speed. But of course only the VIN tag will tell for sure.

Stefan
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

I agree. I'm sure you could get a SF with front fender antenna instead of dual rear antennae, but it is hard to imagine a customer ordering one with Powerflite. What would be the point?
sportfury1959

Post by sportfury1959 »

Well, I imagined that the original torque flite tranny broke and maybe the former owner already had, or could get, a cheap power flite at that time. The front fender antenna was normal on SF. My SF also has one in the right front fender. But the rear double antennas are an option, probably even an aftermarked option. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Stefan