Glass

Hey, I've got this part. Interested in buying it?
Downhill Racer

Glass

Post by Downhill Racer »

I have an entire set of glass for a 1959 4-door Fury if anyone is interested. Actually I have a complete car that is not restorable but might have something someone might want from it. I am in Oklahoma City and can part out anything on it that I am not going to use.
batmobile

Post by batmobile »

what condtition is the car in? any options (p/b,p/s,etc.) still left? i need a windshield, my car is located not far away in Anadarko, OK. i'm in california now, but i'm leaving next thurs for home. maybe we can meet up and check out ur parts car? ttys--jeremy
There will be no bringing her back here, I'm selling this sh**hole and buying me a condo.
Downhill Racer

Glass

Post by Downhill Racer »

The car is in terrible shape. It sat in Massachusetts for about 15 years. Salt corrosion everywhere but all of the glass is intact. I actually haven't looked under the hood. The guy that transported it to me from MA had to strap the hood down to keep it from flying off. I think it had factory air but am not sure. I will be home on Tuesday night but will probably be leaving shortly after. Call me and I will give you directions to my mechanics yard and he will let you take a look to see if you can use anything that I am not planning on using. (405)326-5160.
batmobile

Post by batmobile »

those eastern cars don't last too well. the only things that come off the top of my head that i need is the front windshield, and dash a/c vents. i have just the plain winshield, NOT the bubble-top one. once i am in oklahoma i will give u a call.--jeremy
There will be no bringing her back here, I'm selling this sh**hole and buying me a condo.
batmobile

Post by batmobile »

sorry i didn't make it by there. it was pretty hectic and i did not have a lot of time to myself, and when i did, i had no way of transporting the glass if i had to. (my dad would use his truck for work, and weekends were spent with family, and my truck is still the non running sort). i made it back to cali last night. i still need the glass, so hopefully u still have it and i can make it by the next trip, which should be in a couple of months(with any luck that is, which i seem to have NONE of, lol). ttys--jeremy

Post by Guest »

I am in need of a Passenger side front door glass. Mine got marked up because of a lack of window felt. I am in Central PA. Drop me a line with what you are asking, and about how much to ship. Thanks, Mark Coudriet
big m

Post by big m »

Is your car equipped with tinted or clear glass? I am assuming your car is a 4-door sedan, is that correct? Please let me know, as I may have that glass for you. ---John
In rust we trust!

Post by Guest »

Hello, Thanks for the reply. The car is a 4dr sdn. It is a non tinted (Clear) glass. I will take a look today and write down what is printed on the lower corner of the window. Maybe we will get really lucky and the printing will be the same. I know for sure that during late 1958, there was a Glass strike going on in detroit. My Great Uncle ordered this car new, and he was telling me he kept, a close ear to the T.V. and radio on this glass strike, because he had concerns about the delayed delivery of the Fury. He was a service man at the Plymouth Dealer where he ordered the car. Thanks for getting back to me.
Unclesfury

Post by Unclesfury »

The front door windows are Ppg Herculite AS2 4118
The back windows are the letter "P" Safety Plate

I just need the Passenger front. Thanks, Mark
Downhill Racer

Glass

Post by Downhill Racer »

I have non-tinted. I will have to look at the window to find the codes.

I have no idea what to charge and I could send it COD if needed.
batmobile

Post by batmobile »

i'm gonna try to check out the windshield next month when i get back over that way.--j