Oil leaking out of Vent tube??

Got a question? This is the place to ask
eroomas

Oil leaking out of Vent tube??

Post by eroomas »

When I pulled my car out of the garage to day I noticed a stream of oil starting at a spot directly under where the valve cover vent pipe was located. there was probably about half pint of oil in all on the floor. the inside of my vent tube was saturated in oil. Any toughs? Is this even possible?
Mark Merritt

Re: Oil leaking out of Vent tube??

Post by Mark Merritt »

A half A pint sounds like to much for blow back. It is just oil vapor.Can you pull the tube and filler cap and run the engine? Is the oil draining back into the engine while running or after it is shut off? The vent tube is oily, that is normal.Is the oil pressure sensor leaking? It may be leaking out the back of the valve cover( bad gasket) near the vent pipe.Again the needs to drain back into the engine, maybe something has blocked the return hole or holes. Didn't you have A rocker problem in A past post? Maybe an old piece of gasket is stopping the oil return. just some thoughts. Mark
ONLY ORIGINAL ONCE!!!!!
eroomas

Post by eroomas »

Thanks Mark, I'll check those things out.
big m

Post by big m »

Another thing that can happen is the rocker cover can leak, and the rear corner will drip onto and run down the tube. This is generally an easy fix.

---John
In rust we trust!