HEMMINGS CLASSIC CARS MAY 2015 ISSUE.

Your banter here!
Dick Koch

HEMMINGS CLASSIC CARS MAY 2015 ISSUE.

Post by Dick Koch »

Well, the cats out of the bag, this old dog is proud to announce my 59 Belvedere Convertible is featured in Hemmings Classic Car May 2015 issue. It's a 2 part restoration article. The first part is out. Last January I went to a car show in Melbourne, FL. put on by the MOB, Mopars of Brevard, it's a non-judged show, all makes, and huge swap meet. They usually get between 200 and 300 cars. While Yvonne and I were having lunch and checking out the swap meet Richard Lentinello, Editor of Hemmings Classic Car saw the convertible and left his business card with a note saying please call him he would like to have the car in a feature article. Richard moved to South Florida (Hobe Sound) because Florida is a year round hot bed of the old car hobby. We talked on the phone and we met at my house. He took a ton of pictures and I gave him a ton of pictures that I had taken during the restoration, he spent the better part of a day taking pictures and asking questions. I showed him my cars and he took an interest in Greenie and photographed her as well. Mainly because she is basically an all original car. Hopefully to be featured at a later date. He thought Charleen was nice but the Magazine only deals with original cars or restored original cars. Richard is a very nice guy and a real car guy. When I was at the Boca Raton Concours last week Richard was there also with his camera. Hope you guys like the article.
Dick.
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.
big m

Re: HEMMINGS CLASSIC CARS MAY 2015 ISSUE.

Post by big m »

Congratulations, Dick!

A well-deserved honor indeed!

---John
In rust we trust!
Mark Merritt

Post by Mark Merritt »

Dick; It will make A super article,I'am looking forward to seeing it,he did what I was thinking A long time ago,now it will be out.Congratulation!!!!!!! Mark M
ONLY ORIGINAL ONCE!!!!!
Mark Merritt

Post by Mark Merritt »

Dick; Another note,I would not be surprised if it makes their calender "CARS OF THE FIFTIES" I get those every year,again,congratulations!!!!!!!! Mark M
ONLY ORIGINAL ONCE!!!!!
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

Thanks John & Mark = I didn't realize there was a 50's calendar, I'll have to keep my eye out for that one.
Dick.
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

I am going to run out and buy some more of this issue for showing around the local car shows on an uber restoration of a 59 Belvedere Convertible! You and Tom Fox are at the top of the charts for Belvedere reference restorations!

Well played Dick!

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Believe it or not, Dick, I've been scouring newstands and bookstores for Hemmings, and I can't find the damn thing! I guess I'll have to break down and order it online - at least when I get back (Oh yeah! I'm off to Athens and the Greek islands this afternoon), it will be in my mailbox.

It's time to shake some rust off of Faulkner and start motoring again. The weather is absolutely gorgeous! A lot like your cars.

Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

Dan - You all have a wonderful trip.
Dick.
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Dick, just got back this afternoon from Athens - and there in my mailbox was the May issue of Hemmings. What a great article! A real tribute to your labor of love. Can't wait for Part II!

Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"