brakes

Got a question? This is the place to ask
martin59

brakes

Post by martin59 »

Would disc brakes from a 1982 new yorker fit my 59 belvedere. Looks pretty close anyone on here every attempt this.
Dick Koch

Re: brakes

Post by Dick Koch »

Martin - I suggest before you go to all that trouble and trouble it will be, even if it does fit, I recommend you check on the front disc brake kit from www.AAJbrakes.com. I have thier kit on Charleen and it works like I have power brakes. It is a simple bolt on kit and can be done very easily. By time you get the hoses, proportioning valve etc. etc. you will wish you had bought the kit. Everything you need for $900.00.
Dick.
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.
martin59

Post by martin59 »

Thanks 900 bucks if alot I was trying to do a really low budget disc break build is there anyone that has done this.
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

I did my disc brake conversion from a guy on the Forward Look site, who sold me the spindles for my 59 conversion from a Mopar F Body (Aspen/Volare) that included the Disc brake calipers and the spindles. I then picked up late 70's early 80" Cordoba rotors and was all set. I was all set. I think the total came to around $350 for all the parts.

I did go to a Mid 60's dual reservoir from an A-Body (Dart). Check out my restoration on "Show your Ride" for "Colorado Belvedere progressing"

One other note, I did have to shorten the inner and outer tie rod ends a half inch on both to allow the spindle the turning radius against the bump stop. But I was putting on new tie rods anyhow so it was not an issue.

The AAJ brakes disc brake conversions are good, but I stuck with all Mopar on my conversion. And less expensive too! Works great!

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/