Trunk pans

Got a question? This is the place to ask
Goauld

Trunk pans

Post by Goauld »

Hi everyone;
I am getting ready to get my car to the body shop and the first thing I am getting fixed on my 59 SF is the trunk area. I have only found one place on the internet that sells trunk pans at www.nosmopar.com, the pan set is close to $2000 a little unreasonable in my opinion. Please who else sells these pans, and will not require that I have a NASA sized budget to afford it.
Thanks everyone
Craig
PS if you go to the website, when you get to the Plymouth page use the ctrl f function to do a search of the page and type in trunk and keep pressing find next till you get to the section that has the trunk pans. This a huge page with at least a 1000 parts listed
MikesMotorParts

Post by MikesMotorParts »

I`ve planed to order a bunch of parts from Gary Goers, also the trunk panels i`ve found in Catalog#9 page 16. Complete Set for a 59 Ply. is
$77 + $24 shipping. I`dont know what you get for $2K from the guys in Canada. Maybe those panels are NASA and space aproved material :roll: ??? But tks for the hint Ctrl-f, they have other interesting stuff available.

Mike
59`Belvedere 2 dr. hdtp
59`Dodge Kingsway sedan
Goauld

trunk Pans

Post by Goauld »

Thank you for letting me know Gary has trunk pans. and thanks for going to the canadian website I was not kidding about the price was I, $2000 is a lot of money for sheet metal, even at todays steel prices.
MikesMotorParts

Post by MikesMotorParts »

so sorry this was a missunderstand - you are looking for body pans.
I`thought inside trunk panels. But you can try AUTO BODY SPECS. MIDDLEFIELD CT. I`m quite sure Garry has no sheet metal parts available. I´ve fix most panels my self for my Ply., because most of them are flat and easy to rebuild. So rebuilding those by the body shop will be inexpencivier as purchase them anywhere.

Sorry again,

Mike
59`Belvedere 2 dr. hdtp
59`Dodge Kingsway sedan
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

I think a lot of folks have been pleased with panels they've gotten from R/CAR -- although, I don't know if they make '59 panels. They don't have their own website, but here's a site that references their phone numbers...

http://www.oldplymouths.bigstep.com/generic.html?pid=0

good luck...

Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
chuckhaze

Post by chuckhaze »

Sorry I'm a little late answering this question (been out of the loop for a while). I had Bob McGee, owner of R/Car make me a trunk pan and a front, drivers side floor pan a while back. The trunk pan was spot on but the floor pan was not correct. He took it back and with drawings, pics and measurements from me, made me a new one that fit just right. It's a one man operation with panels made to order so it may take a little while to get it but he's a stand-up guy. His price for the trunk floor is $400. Hope I'm not too late to help. His email is MY55ROCK@aol.com
59 Sport Fury Conv.
Some assembly required