Anybody gone over to LED taillights?

Got a question? This is the place to ask
rogerh

Anybody gone over to LED taillights?

Post by rogerh »

I see these bulbs for sale at swap meets, and I am wondering has anybody changed over to LED bulbs in their cars?
savvy59

Re: Anybody gone over to LED taillights?

Post by savvy59 »

Roger,

No I have not changed over - but its not a bad idea. The stop and turn signal lens is very small and hard to see at times. I did not have back up lights (Savoy) so I took out the Clear back up lens and ground down a red lens to put in its place. Now I have three reds lights that act as parking lights and two outside lights that act as brake lights and turn signal lights!

LED is Something for me to consider. Of course I have a SUV GM LED third brake light mounted on my package tray.

Curt
There's Nothing Finer Than My '59er!
RICKYMOPAR

Re: Anybody gone over to LED taillights?

Post by RICKYMOPAR »

I have and had some problems.. 1The turnsignals didn't flash. needed electronic flasher, being there wasn't enough current draw in the circuit to activate the bi-metalic flasher unit. 2 LED bulbs have no warranty, need to replace two. 3 LED lights are definetly directional and on some lenses just have a bright spot. Good things 1 Not hot enough to burn lenses. 2 less power consumption. Easy on the battery and generator. 3 I hear the newer ones last alot longer and emit more light.