Ron, Marjo and Matthew

rogerh

Ron, Marjo and Matthew

Post by rogerh »

Rumor has it that the Keijs will soon be making room in their garage for another car :D
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Re: Ron, Marjo and Matthew

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

"Tell me more, Tell me more!!!" The suspense is killing me....

Roger or the Keij's give up the info on the latest edition to the Dutch heard! :P

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

rogerh wrote:Rumor has it that the Keijs will soon be making room in their garage for another car :D
Well, if the car has to go, Roger, I'm glad it's staying in the family 8) Now, to get it to the East Coast for shipment; hmm...

Does this mean the Keij's will have three '59's? Or, is the "Work In Progress" going to go?

Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

Faulkner wrote:Does this mean the Keij's will have three '59's? Or, is the "Work In Progress" going to go?
Dan
Work???? :roll: Progress????????????????????? :lol:

Faulkner wrote:Well, if the car has to go, Roger, I'm glad it's staying in the family 8) Now, to get it to the East Coast for shipment; hmm...
Ok guys it is time to congratulate Matthew and me as we bought Roger's car 8) I do feel sad that he has to sell his baby but I am glad it will be coming our way!
And no it won't be heading East Coast (sorry Frank) but it has to go to Buffalo Tx where my shipper lives. He will take care of transport but if anybody has a good way to get the car from Wa. to Tx please let me know.

Ron and Matthew
Cars are to be Enjoyed, not Admired...
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

I will ask around for recommendations.
Hemmings.com has many ads about enclosed transporters.
As a start, a brief search online got me a quote of $1400 for enclosed ($1000 for open) from National Transport.
Denver 59 Fin Convert

I could make the trip to Roger's Casa and pick up his Convert, transport it to Colorado and then store it in Denver. (close to my house, of course) And then when the Keij's come to visit Colorado again, I will make it available for them to use as they cruise around the States.

The car should remain in the semi-arid desert region storage where I live to keep it's present state of preservation intact.I am only thinking of the car as anyone would do. (LOL)

Plus it is the only way I can get Matthew here to help me wire my convert!!!! :roll:

Lets figure out how to get it to Texas and off to the Dutch country quickly. Pam and I will then have a car to drive when we mooch off of the Keij's next year!

Congrats to the Keij's! Now lets find Roger another 59 Plymouth to play with.

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

rogerh

Post by rogerh »

Thanks John, but until I can get resettled and re-employed, I will have to be satisfied with my Sport Fury promo model, and memories of some memorable trips taken in the cvt.
big m

Post by big m »

I'm glad to hear that Roger's car is going to a good home.

---John
In rust we trust!
Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

It sure is going to a good home, we can't wait for it to arrive.
Hope the weather will be good but we will see. Cleaning, polishing and waxing it will be done offcourse!
It is going to be a number 1 car over here.

We have to see what is going to happen with Fury. It is probably going to be used for parts as the rules changed a couple weeks ago. :(
If you restore a car and you want a plate for it you need the old papers of the car, and we don't have papers with the car.
July 14th 2019 “the soul crusher”
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

Denver 59 Fin Convert wrote:I could make the trip to Roger's Casa and pick up his Convert, transport it to Colorado and then store it in Denver.(close to my house, of course) And then when the Keij's come to visit Colorado again, I will make it available for them to use as they cruise around the States.

The car should remain in the semi-arid desert region storage where I live to keep it's present state of preservation intact.I am only thinking of the car as anyone would do. (LOL)

Plus it is the only way I can get Matthew here to help me wire my convert!!!! :roll:

Lets figure out how to get it to Texas and off to the Dutch country quickly. Pam and I will then have a car to drive when we mooch off of the Keij's next year!

Congrats to the Keij's! Now lets find Roger another 59 Plymouth to play with.

John Q.
John,

Thank you so much for the congratulations and for your very generous offer to store the car for us!!! Unfortunately we can't accept as we already arranged transport to the Netherlands, but we will make sure that the car is ready for you and Pamela whenever you decide to come over of course. And you can also bring the kids as we do have plenty of cars to drive the whole family around 8)

Chances of getting Matthew to Denver before 2012 are almost non existent now, he will be within 5 feet of the convertible for the first year I guess. He is already making room in the garage and he now has enough space for a king bed that only will be used for the couple of times he won't be falling asleep in the car :lol:
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Ron, Tell Matthew I will buy him that Philly Cheesesteak I promised him at Carlisle. That should entice him a little.. :roll:

After driving in (sitting in the passenger seat only) Earl's SF Convert he loaned us at Carlisle while Matthew drove, I knew he was a drop top kinda guy! Boy, what a death grip he had on the keys to that convert. At least he allowed me to help him put up and down the top with him. LOL

Glad he (and you) were able to scarf up Roger's Gem of a Convert.

I hope to be able to take Pam over to Ireland and England next year for our 25th anniversary. If so then we will be visiting you guys and your 59's in the Netherlands.

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

Denver 59 Fin Convert wrote:Ron, Tell Matthew I will buy him that Philly Cheesesteak I promised him at Carlisle. That should entice him a little.. :roll:
John Q.
You've got a good chance with a Philly Cheesesteak John, now that he has to pay his share for the convertible it'll be water and bread for the next two years for him :lol:
Denver 59 Fin Convert wrote:After driving in (sitting in the passenger seat only) Earl's SF Convert he loaned us at Carlisle while Matthew drove, I knew he was a drop top kinda guy! Boy, what a death grip he had on the keys to that convert. At least he allowed me to help him put up and down the top with him. LOL

So there is no chance for me to ever drive the convertible here I guess, maybe I should consider taken you up on your offer for a storage in Colorado. At least I will get to drive it when I am in Denver then 8)
Denver 59 Fin Convert wrote:I hope to be able to take Pam over to Ireland and England next year for our 25th anniversary. If so then we will be visiting you guys and your 59's in the Netherlands. .
We are already looking forward to it! The room will be occupied late May though, our friend from Idaho Springs will be coming over to visit us. But no big deal, we will make room for Pam and you and I can join Matthew in the garage, if you behave you might even be allowed to sleep in the convertible :lol:
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Bread and water for Mathew eh? But only for two years? That's a deal! Now it is work work work for Matthew to pay his share of the Convert. Nothing like a dream car to get one focused on a work career and making some Euro's! :lol:

I will have to make sure when Pam and I get over to Europe that you and Marjo are not here in the States. I also better meet your Idaho Springs friends someday if we will be rotating in and out of your guest rooms.

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

rogerh

Post by rogerh »

Didnt want to hijack your For Slae thread, Mathew. You posted a pic of a Fury Geroge Dalinis created in the early 1990's, I think. He sold it-I don't know where it is now.
You are wise to be making room for the new arrival. The cvt. trunk is nearlyfull of stuff that I am including with the car.
Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

Rog, i don't know anything about that Fury Cvt. Wish i did but i only knew there was a pic of it.

I really can't wait for it to arrive. Too bad the weather sucks over here in the last few months of the year.
Will i be suprised of what is in the trunk? I heard some thing from my dad
July 14th 2019 “the soul crusher”