AAA PICKS A MOPAR

Your banter here!
savvy59

AAA PICKS A MOPAR

Post by savvy59 »

Okay so it's not a '59 - but i'ts nice to see that AAA picked a Mopar to represent their 100 year anniversary.
Neat to see a 1958 Plymouth picture taken in that period.
Interesting story that 7 men met on April 20, 1900 in PHILADELPHIA to create an Auto Club.

Curt

Yes I have Triple A (AAA) and have used them - anyone else?
jo ann camera 001.jpg
1958 Plymouth receives roadside assistance from AAA in 1968
There's Nothing Finer Than My '59er!
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Re: AAA PICKS A MOPAR

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

We have Triple A too, Use their services for many reasons, Lost keys, flat tires , Vacation trips and even bought a car thru their Car buying service (for our Daughter)

They had to use a 58 Plymouth caused they broke down a lot, They had no record of a 59 Plymouth ever needing a repair or a tow, so they had no pictures to use.

Guess they got it right in 1959 and worked out all the bugs in the car!! :roll: We are so lucky!

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

AAA - oh, yeah. I'm a card-carrying member. Goes with the individual, not the car - whatever you are driving, it gets towed!

Hotel Flanders? Hmm... Wonder where that was. Don't think it's a hotel today...

Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

I'm a member also, my homeowner insurance was cancelled by State Farm after 30 years so I was at the AAA office last tuesday (about a mile from my house) for a quote. I got the biggest laugh because as I was leaving the office right in front of the door was a triple A service truck giving a customer a Jump. Now that's what I call service.
Dick.
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.
Fins59

Post by Fins59 »

Ditto - member here also, for 10 or more years. Like Dan said, card goes with person, not just car. Luckily I never had to use them on road or home. A couple months ago went down to office and had them make me a trip tik for a trip to Kansas City.
Non-members can get printed trip-tiks on-line just by going to AAA.com and typing in info, but you don't get tour books and full size maps.
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

My brother is a member. He used his motorhome to tow his trailer carrying Amphicar to a car show. He got there and the motorhome's tranny froze up. He called AAA, and they sent the big tow truck to tow his motorhome with trailer carrying Amphicar back to his home. It would have been a $700+ bill, but AAA billed him $20 (I Think).