Bailey's Bucket List

Your banter here!
Faulkner

Bailey's Bucket List

Post by Faulkner »

Bailey is a nearly seven-year-old beagle with recently diagnosed lymphoma. We've opted not to subject him to chemotherapy, but to treat him with steroids which he is tolerating well. While he remains pain-free and happy for now, we know our time with him is limited.

Here the Bailster experiences something he's never done before - swimming. He instinctively doggie-paddles as soon as I let him go. Good doggie, Bail!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0A6PfnKjgYc

Please help me think of things to add to Bailey's Bucket List (I'm thinking we could howl at a full moon...). And pass the link to your friends!

Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Ron Keij

Re: Bailey's Bucket List

Post by Ron Keij »

Dan,

I was devastated when I heard the news! I was with you live, I was Skyoping with Matthew when you got the call and I noticed Matthew was distracted. When he overheard it he told me right away and I had tears in my eyes :( Only 7 years old is nothing, just hope he can enjoy life again with his medication!

I do have a thing to his bucket list: how about helping him to catch that groundhog he hates so much! Howling at a full moon sounds good too, you will have to post that movie too 8)

Ron
Cars are to be Enjoyed, not Admired...
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

Dan,
I've sent you a private note.
I agree with Ron...7 years ..he's just a pup!
Bailey has been pampered and loved without limit. He has given, and will continue to give you his unshakeable love and devotion. He doesn't want the good times with you to end either, and he will give you his all. You and he were blessed to meet eachother.
Here's to unlimited couch-time, and laps around the pool! :)
savvy59

Post by savvy59 »

Dan,

So sorry to hear of this news. You both have been through a lot together this year. I will tell you no matter the age, it is always difficult in the end. Ko Ann and I lost our first Westie "Bentley" at age 16 - we thought we were prepared. As a childless couple he was our baby that we raised for 16 years. As for our bucket list we gave Bentley all his favorite treats, unlimited lap-time , love and walks at his favorite spots. I hope the medication will grant you some valuable time together.

Curt
There's Nothing Finer Than My '59er!