wondering if sum1 could help me price my 59 sportfury

Got a question? This is the place to ask
anthony_sportfury

wondering if sum1 could help me price my 59 sportfury

Post by anthony_sportfury »

I have a 1959 sportfury my grandpa gave me that i was thinking about selling and was wondering if some one who knows a little bit more than i do could help me put a price on it.Here is a little bit about the car to help with the pricing...It is a 2 door hardtop car,push button transmission,only 2 owners and thats me and my grandpa,his name is on the dash of the car that says "proudly built for E.E. Barbour by plymouth company".I also have the brocher advertiseing the car they gave to him when he bought the car in 1959.The car is in fair shape all stock and original.The motor is a 361 big block golden camando but is locked up from where it has sat in the garage for so long with out being started.The interior in the car is in fair shape everything is still there like the original radio and hand clock even have the keys for car but the front seats are coming apart.The outside of the car has all of the chrome trim with some flaws like a driver side mirror missing and a little ding in the front bumper and the paint job is faided but the head lights and tail lights and even the horn still work. But i would be very greatful for someone to take the time and help me price this car...Thanks Anthony Barbour
rogerh

Re: wondering if sum1 could help me price my 59 sportfury

Post by rogerh »

Based on your description of car, it is a #4 on Collectror Car Price Guide, which values the car at $10,400.
www.cwgcollectorcar.com. Maybe less since the engine is stuck and is therefore not roadworthy.
Most often quoted is Old Car Price Guide...I don't have a link for them, but I am sure you can Google it. :)
Marjo Keij

Post by Marjo Keij »

Anthony,

It is hard to judge a car without seeing it, can you post any pictures? Also you got me confused about the engine, in the other topic you opened you wrote you had it out a year ago. You put in a new battery and I asume you drove it then? is there any rust on the car/

Ron
anthony_sportfury

Post by anthony_sportfury »

ron,

Yes i did have the car out about a year ago but i did not get to drive it like i had hoped too.I had to have my dad pull it out of the garage with an atv where i washed the car and put a new battery,spark plugs,spark plug wires,distributor cap an rotor button,oil and oil filter on the car and tried to start the car but the motor wouldnt turn over.I unbolted the starter and checked it and it still works so i bolted it back on.Also yes there is some rust under the car like the gas tank but no major rust problems.I can post some photos of the car but it will prolly be thursday befor i can post them..

Anthony Barbour
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

Anthony, If you can provide some pictures of the car both inside, outside and the engine compartment will help a lot.

We can help get you to a ball park dollar amount it would be worth. With the motor stuck, that would reduce the sale value but it is a coveted cars (at least by us!) and there may be a member who is interested in it too! Even in this Economy!

What part of the country do you reside in? We may have a member near you? (please say Denver. Colo... :lol: )

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

opps, I saw your add and you are in Kentucky.

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

Going back to Collector Car Market Review, they give a 15% bonus to a #4 car if the car has a 361 Golden Commando..
You say your car's engine is "stuck" from sitting. I have to tell you that if a car has been sitting long enough for an engine to get stuck, then the braking system was first and far ahead in decay, and will need a full rebuild. In addition, if the gas tank was never drained prior to this long "hibernation", the fuel has gone bad and may even have rusted the tank and fuel line. You mentioned that you had tried to start the car...if you hadnt first flushed the fuel tank, and the engine DID turn over, you would have drawn some nasty goop into the carburetor and fouled it up.
The good news from you is the electircal seems to work okay, and the car is complete.
If there is no visible rust on the car, I will hazard a guess ---------- low=$8,500...>high =10,500.
Almost completely arbitrary on my part. Good luck selling it, please let us know who buys it!