SOME DON'TS

Looking for something? Post it here!
Dick Koch

SOME DON'TS

Post by Dick Koch »

WHEN YOUR TEMP GAUGE AND OIL PRESSURE IDIOT LIGHT STOPS WORKING DONT DRAIN THE WATER OUT OF YOU RADIATOR FIRST, DONT REMOVE THE TEMP SENDING UNIT AND REPLACE WITH A NEW ONE, DONT REFILL THE RADIATOR, START THE ENGINE, WAIT FOR IT TO HEAT UP AND SEE NOTHING HAPPEN. DONT CRAWL UNDER THE DASH TO SEE IF ANY WIRES ARE HANGING LOOSE. DONT CALL A FRIEND OVER TO HELP YOU SOLVE THE PROBLEM AND DO ALL OF THE ABOVE A SECOND TIME THEN HAVE YOUR FRIEND TRACE THE WIRING STARTING AT THE SENDING UNIT AND EMBARESS YOU BY FINDING A THREE WIRE PLUG HIDDEN FROM VIEW UNDER THE POWER BRAKE BOOSTER IS UNPLUGED AND THE WIRE TO THE OIL PRESSUE LIGHT HAS COME OFF THE SENDER. CHECK THE #@&$(*) WIREING FIRST.
DICK
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.
big m

Post by big m »

Dang! I hate it when that happens!! ---John
In rust we trust!
savvy59

Post by savvy59 »

You could add one more Don't.

Don't tell anyone how much work you went through just to find a simple wiring fix!

I drive a 2002 Ford E-150 with Wheelchair Lift.
The van had 1,000 miles when I purchased it in 2003 and had a lift that would work sometimes and not others. I spent $900 and several weeks of running the van to conversion companies just to find out in the end that it was one loose ground wire. The ground wire had been mounted to a hinge assembly for the power side door openers with lots of movement / vibration. Of course all the experts (three different van conversion companies) would not refund one red cent to me. I am the one that kept insisting that this had too be a ground issue since it was sporadic in nature. :evil: Of course all three companies said that was the first thing they checked. I now only hire my Mechanical Engineer Brother-in-law for power wheelchair and wheelchair van issues. :)

So don't feel bad - it did not waste $900 for you.

Curt

The price the disabled pay for freedom@@#$$%!!!
There's Nothing Finer Than My '59er!