A dream realized!

Your banter here!
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

I worry about lots of things, and I don't now much about contracts.
If you have a written contract with the first contractor, and then you hire another to complete the job, can the first guy come back and sue you for breach of contract?
Is there a permit? as homeowner, I know YOU are responsible for getting the permit.
Judging from the photo, there is a lot of "fill" which needs to be hauled away.
Good luck Dan and Marie!
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

rogerh wrote:If you have a written contract with the first contractor, and then you hire another to complete the job, can the first guy come back and sue you for breach of contract?
The contract had a term, and the term expired Saturday. Unfortunately, the contractor did not :twisted:
Is there a permit? as homeowner, I know YOU are responsible for getting the permit.
Of course.
Judging from the photo, there is a lot of "fill" which needs to be hauled away.
Yup. Which, would have been the case in any event. I'm just hoping that the bid will take into account the work that's already been done.

Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Faulkner wrote:I guess I'm just waiting to hear his estimate now, to see how bad it is...
Actually, not that bad; we originally had planned to have the garage stuccoed like the house, but if we shave that off the proposal, we're out a net $1200; and perhaps I can recover some of the money from the original contractor, and hire Ron when he's here to do the stuccoing :lol:

The guy has done several pad pours in the neighborhood (including my little patio), so I'm confident he's reputable. It's a d*mn shame I didn't have his contact info at the outset.

I hope to sign this week, and then with any luck, the pour will take place next week or the following, when the temperatures moderate.

Hey! Doesn't anyone have anything to post on this board about '59's, other than reply to my boring dribble?! :P

...and where the hell is Matthew? I haven't heard from him in, like, a million years...

Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Nighthawk

Post by Nighthawk »

Hey! Doesn't anyone have anything to post on this board about '59's, other than reply to my boring dribble?! :P

Dan
Its all pretty quiet what with the cold and ice that seems to gripping most of north america right now, im just looking forward to the warmer weather so i can get out in both my old gals again!

Bob
Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

I'm here Dan! :wink:
July 14th 2019 “the soul crusher”