Colorado Belvedere Convertible progressing

Works in progress. Or, whose progress has been completed!
Faulkner

Re: Colorado Belvedere Convertible progressing

Post by Faulkner »

Denver 59 Fin Convert wrote:Ron, Well signed up for U tube no problem there. but U tube does not support the .MOV file. :?
But, 59P now does! Try it again, John - sorry for the ommission. It should work now.

Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

Thanks Dan! I just got back from work and had an email from YouTube congratulating me on my first upload. Hmmm they said it would not support it but low and behold here it is from yesterday on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6PKZ334-e0

I went to the shop today to give them the door panels and front bumper to put on. Carpet goes in on Weds and seat belts and then I bring over the swivel seats. I will grab some friends for that since I still have a 10 lbs lifting restriction on me.

I did take another video on my Droid this afternoon, since I thought the .MOV would not upload. Now to figure out that one. I know I can do this at work via a sync patch I plug my Droid in, but I will try to get this off the Droid tonight if possible.

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

Denver 59 Fin Convert wrote: and get you some sound to hear of a 413RB-4BBL Golden Lion motor!

Didn't you make a bet on my car being finished before someone else's care would be done? Hmmmm? 8)

John Q.
Hi John,
The car sounds just fine, I think I even heard that lion roar for a second 8) I did say that I expected Dick to finish his car before yours........ but you said you would take Marjo and me for a ride in it and we were talking about the summer of 2009 :lol: We came to visit on July 6th that summer and all we got to see was nothing as the car was still in the paint shop.
But it has been worth the wait as it looks great and we all learned a lot from your updates.

Hope to see it next summer in Carlisle (or maybe Arvada....)

Ron
Cars are to be Enjoyed, not Admired...
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Well, maybe that is what you said! Ha! I could have put my car on a trailer and driven you around. You did get a ride in Rick & Debbie Clapham's pink 70 Challenger convertible so that has to count for something! It will be at Carlisle next year!

IT will be nice to take some pictures at the Mopar show with all the interior in and looking like a finished car. I will be busy in the winter getting some small dents and some repaint on it in different spots.

All I wanted was a Sonic Cruise car and things got out of hand in making it nicer then what I wanted when I started out. Oh well... :P

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

John, the ride in Rick's Pink Panther was 2 years after our first visit! And that ride surely counted for something not to mention the lunch at Gunther Toody's!

Matthew and I will be coming to Carlisle next year, I'll be flying high and Matthew will be driving there with a trailer behind the car I think.

Feel free to take as many pics as you like and post them for all of us to see. Your car will stand out at the Mopar show!!!

Ron
Cars are to be Enjoyed, not Admired...
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

John wins Ron, you owe him a trip to the Netherlands, I'm at least 12 month away from finishing, Although did complete the floors, upper and lower control arm bushings, ball joints, idler arm bushing and strut rod bushings. All of it Bull work.
Dick.
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Dick, you just got your 'vert last year!!!! You win! One adult beverage coming your way! I pale in comparison to the quality and speed you do things. :oops:

Lets all just enjoy our cars (now that I can drive mine!!! I can say that!)

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

Denver 59 Fin Convert

Todays activities on the rush to get it done event, other then the armrest debacle, is that I brought over the swivel seat assembly, or at least I transported in my Dodge Ram.

Here are the pictures of the seats after delivery to the shop, carpet is in , door panels are installed, (and correct armrests!) The swivels were installed (later in the day) Only thing left to do is to install the standard steering wheel for now. And that will happen tonight.

The young man in the pictures is Gerad Richards, Mopar shop owners son and FL resident expert Mechanic and finally my wife Pam, trying out and liking the swivel seat arrangments. The steering wheel had a coat of white and turquoise paint on it drying so it had not been installed.
I will take my car trailer over in the afternoon on Friday and load up for the early Saturday morning check in for our show. I will just keep it on the trailer for the friday night. I will get insuranceI and plates on it next week.

Best part is that Pam loved the rumble of the exhaust. Sweeet! still not installed is the front lower valance, still at body shop and the sunvisors should be done on Friday, So need to pick them up.

I can't believe I have a running and driving 59 after all these years....

John Q.
100_4451.JPG
Carpet in! Rear seat and quarter Pocket panels in too!
100_4452.JPG
Gerad Likes the swivel seats... He wants them in his 58 Dodge Coronet race car!
100_4453.JPG
Swivel seats installed!
100_4454.JPG
Gerad fussing over something...
100_4455.JPG
Ah showing that the parking brake red light does work.
100_4456.JPG
100_4457.JPG
My wife Pam trying out the swivel seats and the missing steering wheel.
100_4458.JPG
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

Denver 59 Fin Convert

I recieved some more pictures from my friends at the Mopar shop. The steering wheel was installed and the car went out for shakedown cruise (with out me) actually just around the corner to a local business ( i actuallys sell stuff to this company) I thought I had rotated the pic's before posting but it did not hold. Sorry if anyone gets a stiff neck from looking sideways at them.

[fixed the orientation, John! -Dan]

So here are some more pic's! Makes you want to go out and bring the car home tonight! :wink:

John Q.

downsized_Image08092012122118.jpg
downsized_Image08092012191903.jpg
Image08092012191837.png
Image08092012203013.jpg
Out for a prowl around the neighborhood!
Last edited by Denver 59 Fin Convert on Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

Awsome John - Congratulations, as Ed Eckerson would say BE-OOOTIFUL.
Dick.
RICKYMOPAR

Post by RICKYMOPAR »

Absolutly exciting, and the perfect evening for a shakedown cruise.I was Suprised to see the Frau home already for the show. I recognize those license plates! My Grandmother would be delighted with their use, Grandmom also had blue cars. Rio, Studebaker and Plymouth.
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Yep, those are Rick Clapham's Grandmothers 1959 Colorado plates which the car will be registered in soon. Colorado has that Year of Manufacturer (YOM) DMV approved to run on these old plates.

Rick, I will pick the car up in the afternoon, but other then around the block is all I can do till I get everything registered with DMV. The car should move out well with those 3.58 gears in the rear and a Big Block. There is a lot of Clapham parts on this car.

The Richard's (MoPower Masters) have had the car for almost 3 weeks now finishing all my mini-projects that I never got done, and the interior installation and exhaust mandrel bent and installed. There are still tires to buy, new white convertible bonnet to get, front valance on when it gets back from the body shop next week. and some small dents to repair, but I have all Fall to attack those items while I use the car for fun! :P

Soon we can go on cruises...

talk with you later...

John Q.
Last edited by Denver 59 Fin Convert on Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

Denver 59 Fin Convert

Busy last two days, I picked up my convertible on Friday at 3:30 PM and then picked up my re-done sun visors at 4 PM from a local trim shop. I actually was able to drive my car around the block a bit before loading it in my trailer for the trip to my house. Felt great! Still need to get a front end alignment on it...

My local Mopar only car show today and Mopar Ricky (Rick Clapham) accompanied me to the show since we live close and we are both members of the same club. It was a short 50 Min. drive to the south end of the metro area of Denver.

We had approx 115 Mopars here and out of that was 5 Forward Look cars in attendance. Here are some pic's of the my car and some of my friend Mike Sutherland's 58 DeSoto convertible. Mike lives in Denver and hangs out on the Forward Look site as "Lancer Mike"

I am very excited, of course, to have the car driveable and can finally start to enjoy the car as you guys in the Forum do. I still need to do some things to it, Like seat belts installed and front end alignment stuff but it is a complete running car.

Here are the pics I took of my car finally assembled and on display, The crowd seemed to like the Turquoise color and the swivel seats seemed to be an unknow novelty to most.. A lot of smaller details to come, like TIRES! Just plum ran out of time for this car show.

PS, I did come in first for Forward Look Cars but again small car field there , but a win is a win!

John Q. (One happy and pleased dude!)
100_4461.JPG
Young Gerad Richards assist me in getting the car loaded up and unloaded due to the narrowness of my trailer. Need drivers escape hatch put in the trailer to do this myself.
100_4462.JPG
100_4463.JPG
100_4464.JPG
100_4465.JPG
100_4467.JPG
100_4468.JPG
100_4469.JPG
100_4470.JPG
100_4471.JPG
100_4472.JPG
100_4473.JPG
100_4474.JPG
100_4475.JPG
100_4477.JPG
100_4481.JPG
Rick Clapham doing some Mopar tech talk to willing listeners!
100_4496.JPG
100_4497.JPG
mike Sutherland and myself in front of our FL Converts.
Last edited by Denver 59 Fin Convert on Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

Congratulations on your win John. I so scited and happy for you. Car us beautiful.
Dick.
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

Remind me...did you go w/ aftermarket A/C ?
I sense your excitement...it was great fun to finally get my car back on the road.
Now you will begin to log miles of adventures and fun. Colorado is a big and beautiful state.
Hopefully you won't get stopped every mile to explain your car...so many people have never seen a 59 Plymouth!