'59 SF's for sale?

Hey, I've got this part. Interested in buying it?
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

sportfury1959 wrote: But the rear double antennas are an option, probably even an aftermarked option. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Stefan
Stefan,

I have to correct you, the double rear antennas were a real factory option. If you are interested I have one booklet left with all the factory options and packages and it even includes the prices. If you are interested you I will send it to you, but remember the prices are in it and they will make you feel bad. Compared to what you pay now it was almost for free, a mirrormatic was about $800 cheaper than what Í've seen on Ebay recently :cry:

Ron
options booklet 6.jpg
Cars are to be Enjoyed, not Admired...
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

I dont have the standard/options list readily available, maybe Matthew could clear this up when he has time. I still say the car needs a LOT of work...Grossichs said they were losing storage room, wanted to keep the best for themselves and sell off the lesser quality cars.
sportfury1959

Post by sportfury1959 »

Ron,

Thank you for that information. This list is really interesting. I guess I could discuss for hours now, but on thing called my attention, - the remote control mirror (outside) How did they look? Was this the remote Mirror of the Chrysler cars?

Stefan
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

Stefan,

The remote control mirror looks like.......... the drivers side mirror on my car :lol: It looks like the normal two strut mirror abd between the struts is the cable to control it. The cable is fastened just below the light switch and you can adjust the mirror from there. I looked for pictures but I don't have a good one right now, it is on my to do list for next spring!

Ron
Cars are to be Enjoyed, not Admired...
sportfury1959

Post by sportfury1959 »

Ron,

I know the mirror on your car. It's the one with the rectangular base. I always thaought that was the Chrysler mirror and wans't for the Plymouth, but now I know better.

Stefan
Fins59

Post by Fins59 »

In one of my Mopar books it says "Powerflite automatic transmission was optional with all but Golden Commando V-8". Soooo, if pictured car has a Golden Commando with a powerflite, something is amiss. Maybe car originally came with a 318/powerflite and was later changed to a 361. I know a local fellow here that has an original SF convert, 318, with a powerflite tranny.
Fins59

Post by Fins59 »

In one of the engine pictures, do you see what appears to be a little plastic bottle next to the brake booster? I've seen one of these on one other car. I think its a "secondary" resevoir with hose attached to the master cylinder. This makes it easy to maintain your brake fluid level.