Rear Window Adjustment

Got a question? This is the place to ask
Faulkner

Re: Rear Window Adjustment

Post by Faulkner »

tomf wrote:Hi Dan,

That thread was in June 2004! I have troulble remembering last June!!!!

Tom (I'll be 70 this year) Fox
...and I was 58 yesterday. Any chance you'll be 70 in July, Tom? We'd love to celebrate with you at Carlisle 8)

Well, I know that's not going to happen this year -- but we'll "PhotoShop" you in to the group shot, howzat?

Dick -- I don't think we heard definitively from you yet. Is Yvonne going to let you come and play with us?

Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

tomf wrote:... If they need replacing and you really want the flocked one piece type, you might look around locally for a pair of the strips so you could mount the rubber.
A pair of these arrived at my office today, courtesy of Jim Hamsher ("Jimbo59" on this Forum). I'm gonna buy the flocked set from Gary! Thanks Jim...

Dan
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Faulkner wrote: A pair of these arrived at my office today, courtesy of Jim Hamsher ("Jimbo59" on this Forum). I'm gonna buy the flocked set from Gary! Thanks Jim...
Dan
In early May, I sent off a check to Gary. I also sent a check to my air conditioning guy... Neither arrived. (*sigh*)... Fell behind a desk somewhere.

In desperation, I faxed an order to Gary -- but PayPal'd him, per his instructions. And then I got a phone call: His overseas producer of flocked weatherstrips dried up and blew away. He hasn't had them for over a year now. He bought machinery for flocking, but it takes a special glue -- and he can't get it. (*sigh*, *sigh*...)

Gary promptly refunded my PayPal, gentleman that he is. And he's sending me a catalog to boot. But, I'm not going to have the opportunity to enjoy flocked weatherstripping -- back to the two-piece, extruded moldings for me.

Dan