DIFFERENTIAL TIP.

Got a question? This is the place to ask
Dick Koch

DIFFERENTIAL TIP.

Post by Dick Koch »

The Pinion seal on my SF was leaking so I decided to replace it. At first I thought the nut holding the yoke/flange was welded on, used a piece of pipe on the end of my wrench to no avail, but after letting it soak for about ten minutes in Kroil (good stuff) it came loose with my impact wrench. Enywho, the yoke was grooved very badly from the seal (rubber) that had hardened. The yoke part # is 1636453 but I could not find one anywhere, period. Everybody said I would have to find a good used one but I doubt if there are any worn less than mine. Went on the net and googled "differental yoke" and found a doober called a Pinion Speedi Sleeve NAPA #99187. There was one in Miami so should have it today. My new seal is leather so it should last at least as long as me. List was $47.21 my cost was less, $32 plus change. Another tip, you can pull up NAPA on the net and find just about anything with prices and pictures.
Dick.
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.
59$avoy

Re: DIFFERENTIAL TIP.

Post by 59$avoy »

Those speedy sleeves work pretty good, I put them on all the time at work and don't ever have any problems. Plus it's a usually cheaper than finder a good used or new yoke.
Durke

59 Savoy and 59 Fury
big m

Post by big m »

Dick,

When you install the speedy sleeve on the yoke, there is usually a small tube of loctite or similar product with it. Use this liberally on the yoke before installation, if not, gear oil can leak between the sleeve and the yoke. If there is none included, RTV silicon will work just fine.

---John
In rust we trust!
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

John - The instructions say that if the groove is severe use epoxy in the groove and install the sleeve before it dries, I assume so the wear area has some backing. Otherwise they call for a RTV be used. I used the epoxy.
Dick.
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.