59 Fury Kustom possibly for sale.....

Hey, I've got this part. Interested in buying it?
furyjim

59 Fury Kustom possibly for sale.....

Post by furyjim »

after looking at it this past week- its starting to need some attention that i know i'll never have the time to give it with so many other builds underway...
some of you probably already know this car, its basically famous on the east coast at all the rod runs and kustom shows of the nature... born a 59 fury 4drht and driven for the first 5 yrs with its original paint before mods, it has been a daily driven car since sept '00... always been dependable and quite a trooper to say the least. body mods are 57 fender sections, extended eyebrows, modified 58 grill with custom center, shaved rear handle, 58 savoy trim, decked with elec release, the scallops, roof, and interior metal is plum crazy with purple flake. the driveline is a bulletproof '68 383 with 727.... the drivetrain went in with 42xxx original miles... it was cleaned and detailed at the time, you can park it on your living room carpet- it wont leave an oil drip! oil pressure is at 50 cold 35 running.... a tight potent engine just as chrysler built it. i just was issued a company vehicle this past january.. and since then i think i've driven this car maybe a dozen times- mainly for fun passing all the 4x4's and SUV's when we got pounded with 2 consecutive 2' snowfalls. aside from being one of the burnout champoins, it is also a flamethrower. a fun car that i wouldnt hesitate to drive across the states tomorrow if i had to- mainly because it has driven everywhere, rain or shine, sleet or snow. thankfully in my area due to the dense farming still underway, they sand instead of salt the streets- which makes for metal saving. the floors were perfect when i put the car together, still should be- havent been under it in 5 yrs+ MAINLY BECAUSE NOTHING HAS EVER GONE WRONG! thre trunk is still also rust free. when i repainted and customized it, the pass roocker was getting bubbly, so i replaced it at that time, addin 1x2" boxed steel to further improve rigidity- figured when the other side eventually goes i'd mimic it there- well, now the drivers' side is starting to go under the molding and its that time. body wise- its still fine for a few more years of cruising and fun... interior has leather/cloth 68 imperial 6-way pwr seats- the rear seat top seam let go... the rest of the interior is still great- cardboard headliner fine, door panels, dash, carpet fine but has some wear... after at least 45xxx mile of driving since built.. doesnt sound like much, but when i worked i has a 3 mile each way commute, and breakfast 2 days a week on weekend was less than a mile... but them the shows were usually anywhere form 1hr to 6 hr trips! i'll have to do an updated photoshoot- i think Dan may have taken a few pics and posted them form his recent visit before carlisle. here's some pics and fun vids. almost chru-istine.. cant be destroyed, however she hasnt fixed herself yet.... here's a pic circa 2004 in orig paint, before mods...

Image last winter
the only reason i'm thinking about letting it go is i have a few others.... and many more finished since this pic 2 yrs ago... and more under resto right now- time for someone else to take the torch and run with it

and the type of daily routine of the 59....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITJehTPl6Pg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvw6U8K6H0U

i'm just throwing out a number... i'd say i want $8500 probably way too cheap for a drive anywhere finned mopar, but hey- call it a bailout for the new owner.
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Re: 59 Fury Kustom possibly for sale.....

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

Jim, I saw the car at Carlisle with Dan, Ron and Matthew, it is a sharp ride! You have old school craftsman ship to do what you did to that 4 door and made it into a 2 door.

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

John,

The car for sale is not the car he took to Carlisle. He was there with his 58 and this is a 59 with some 58 modifications. I took some pics of it when we went there to see the Pomona Hot Rod Ranch 8)

Jim,

I have some recent pictures of your car, feel free to use them on the other websites where you put the car up for sale.

Ron
IMG_0598.jpg
IMG_0599.jpg
IMG_0600.jpg
IMG_0648.jpg
Cars are to be Enjoyed, not Admired...
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

Opps my Bad! Sorry about the confusion in my head! It seems to be there more then it isn't!

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/