59 looking

j67toy

59 looking

Post by j67toy »

Hi everyone, my user name is j67toy. My first car I bought for my own was a 59 sevoy 3 speed on floor, 318, white w/blue interior, had a slight rake. Loved that car, but it kept blowin trannys, no not due to hot rodding. Must have changed the tranny 7 times until I learned 1 motor mount was broken. Oh well experience. Going to retire soon. Oh yea, I also hade a 59 sport fury that I bought for 500.00 sat in the garage for a couple of years, going through divorce, it was all I could do to support the house and my 2 kids, new wife had a garage sale 1 day and when I got off the 59 was gone. Anyway saw this web site and started dreaming, I remember driving Modesto with the windows down, 10th and 11th ala american graffiti. I knew everything then! I'm interested in finding a 59 Savoy 2 door ht or fury or fury sport. don't want to buy a restored one but don't wand 45000 basket case either, saw pix of lindas 59 beautiful Please contact me if you hear of any cars. John
lindas59

Re: 59 looking

Post by lindas59 »

Hi John, Noticed that you are dreaming of owning a 59. This is Linda (Lindas 59). I'm thinking of selling mine. I know that you said you don't want one that is restored but you know that they never get done. I think that mine is about half done. I have only had it out of the garage about a dozen times in the last 5 years. It needs a man to look after it and do the tinkering an old car needs but most of all it needs to be out and about where other people can enjoy it. Linda