1959 Plymouth parts needed

Looking for something? Post it here!
rogerh

Re: 1959 Plymouth parts needed

Post by rogerh »

Engage Ron and Matthew to find you one on eBay. They are the BEST!
mfpsky1

Post by mfpsky1 »

John, I did find these on eBay, but they are too rich for my blood right now, but they are available. Only ones I've found so far.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1959-Ply ... ccessories
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1959-Ply ... ccessories
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Parking- ... ccessories

Thanks for the link and number Roger, I'll check those out. I can't believe I forgot about Hemmings. I haven't bought one in years. Time to find a good magazine shop. :)

Jeff
Jeff, Lakewood, Ohio
1959 Plymouth Savoy 2 Door
mfpsky1

Post by mfpsky1 »

Brain slipped, Forgot I need to locate the kick down linkage to my powerflight. Sent off an e-mail to John at Big-m, Thought I'd try here too. I have all the accelerator linkage, just need the piece from the pivot to the trans. Thanks again,
Jeff
Jeff, Lakewood, Ohio
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

Ron Keij wrote: And maybe some other's will show up as every year we have some unexpected visitors. And there will be also several 59 owners who will come but leave their car at home just like I do. I know John will be there but also Jim Rawa, if you want to learn about building your car talk to him!

Ron
I completely forgot to mention Forwardlook Frank, he knows a bit about building a 59 too :roll: Hope he brings his pictures to show you what you can make when you have two shells....

Ron
Cars are to be Enjoyed, not Admired...
mfpsky1

Post by mfpsky1 »

I wish I had room for a second shell, or even to just store some spare parts. I have a single car garage that only has 2 inches of clearance front and back and 1 and a half feet on either side. It's mighty scary backing in. Only about 6-8 inches leeway on the garage door when I back up, 3-4 inches off either way and I'll be a very unhappy camper. No room for even my tools, have to keep them in the basement, and bring them up every time I work on her. Defiantly no room for a parts car, barely enough room for my car. :( Worse part is my city won't give me a variance to build a bigger garage, they won't even let me build a shed. I have to keep my motorcycles at my parents in the winter, and my lawn mower lives under a tarp. I suppose I could get some fenders and a some spare glass in the attic, but a full shell is right out.
Jeff, Lakewood, Ohio
mfpsky1

Post by mfpsky1 »

Sorry for the slow update, Exciting times,
I've ordered parts from Jon at Big M. He found a front of hood trim piece, the clips for it, and the linkage for the transmission.
Carlisle is right around the corner, I'll get to see some '59's with my own eyes.
With Ron's help my 59 will be mostly complete by my wedding.
I've got one of my visors made, the new headliner is installed, and have purchased vinyl for the door panels.
The only parts I didn't find were the front valance, turn signal lenses, and push button surrounds.
I didn't know if I could pull this off in time, but it looks like I will (fingers still crossed).
You all are amazing, Thank you for the help and guidance.
Jeff :D
Jeff, Lakewood, Ohio
Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

I just checked our parts, found the dash trim without the hole for the mirror.

We got 1 turn signal lens, left side but has cracks in it. Want us to bring it?
July 14th 2019 “the soul crusher”
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

Has anybody tried Murray Park lately? mbpark@cbodies.com
In business since '77, Mopar only, in Ohio. I've always had luck with him.
Last edited by rogerh on Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

Matthew, If Jeff does not want the cracked one, I will take it. The one I have is missing a chunk of plastic. But will defer to Jeff first since he started his wish list first.

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/
mfpsky1

Post by mfpsky1 »

Thanks Matthew,
That's that's the dash piece I need. My turn signal lenses have a lot of hair line cracks, and the drivers side is missing a small chunk, John's sounds worse off. Mine will suffice for now, so if John needs that one I'm for it :D. After recovering financially from the wedding, I'll resume my search for the lenses, button surrounds, and the valance. (Unless I find any of that stuff at Carlisle :) ) My biggest worries right now are my door panels, and getting weather stripping.
Thanks again,
Jeff
Jeff, Lakewood, Ohio
mfpsky1

Post by mfpsky1 »

Roger,
Thanks for the pointer to Murray Park, I haven't contacted them yet, but I just checked, they do have a 59 Savoy listed on there web page. I'll keep them on my post wedding contact list. :D
Jeff
Jeff, Lakewood, Ohio
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

Jeff - Check out 59 Plymouth parts and accessories on ebay, lots of dash stuff showed up this morning.
Dick.
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

Ohio Jeff,
When I was at the Ellensburg show, I noticed my cardboard trunk panels were drooping, because I failed to install two spring-fingered "buttons" thru the cardboard into the car's structure. I thought, "I must have those somewhere in my miscellaneous stuff".
So today (have lots of free time, since I got laid off again) I moved things out of the way, go tthe ladder set up and climbed up into the garage attic. There I surprised myself by finding the springy buttons!
While up there, I came across some other stuff, specifically :
One complete Powerflite pushbutton control unit
Three TF " " control units
Several of those off-white vacuum control shift boxes........
IF you can't find the cover sleeves for your TF pushbuttons at Carlisle, I will break up one of the complete units I have...hopefully you only need four sleeves as the PF unit is not in big demand. These sleeves are in great shape, grey in color. i also found two black sleeves.
Maybe I should have sent this stuff to Dan Morton and he and/or other list members could have sold them while sitting at the tent, sipping something cool .
I hope the weather is perfect for you all three days at the show. Keep me informed... :)
mfpsky1

Post by mfpsky1 »

Thanks Roger,
I'll keep that in mind. I only need 2 sleeves, and mine is only a Powerflite for now. I'm going to bid on a heater control unit on eBay if the price stays low enough, I can grab them from that if I win it and get a spare heater control in the deal. I'll look at Carlisle to if I don't win it.
I may be interested in one of the whole Torqueflite control units depending on the price. I was thinking about upgrading transmissions some day if I can find the controller and a trans. Unfortunately that may be sooner than later, strange noises today. But that's the topic for another post in tech support... :cry:
Thank you,
Jeff
Jeff, Lakewood, Ohio
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

Sounds good.
If you aren't "in the know" about these pushbutton control units, after 50 years the grease inside the units which helps them slide...well, it hardens and the slides don't work anymore.
They can be opened, clened out and re-greased.