1959 Plymouth parts needed

Looking for something? Post it here!
mfpsky1

1959 Plymouth parts needed

Post by mfpsky1 »

Hi, below is a list of parts I need for my '59 Savoy, I'll try to contact Big-m too. If you know any other good suppliers that would be a huge help. I'm trying to get this mostly done by the middle of August for my wedding, on a pretty tight budget, so less than perfect but usable parts may be perfect for me. She's not a show girl, just a loved one.

both dash vents (plastic defroster duct vent ,louvered?)
front of hood trim with clips
hood Plymouth Script
trunk Plymouth Script
1 fin savoy script
rear window trim molding clips
front valance
headlight switch (not the floor dimmer switch tried that 1st)
trim piece for dash by headlight switch ( thin imprinted pattern metal)
glove box or a pattern for it, not sure what should be there
bar from between window regulator and bottom of window with retaining clips
good source of proper window sweeper and clips and window u channel rubber need to seal her up(Andy Bernbaum or Gary Goers? stuff form jc whitney didn't fit right)
front turn signal lenses (mine have a bunch of mini cracks)
plastic steering column cover
1 interior door latch handle with retaining clip with ok chrome

I'm sure there is more, this was off the top of my head.
Thanks ~Jeff
Last edited by mfpsky1 on Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeff, Lakewood, Ohio
1959 Plymouth Savoy 2 Door
rogerh

Re: 1959 Plymouth parts needed

Post by rogerh »

Your list of needed parts ranges from common to scarce. Your best bet is definitely Big M. I do not know of anyone else parting out a '59 Plymouth at this time. The fact that you are in a time crunch will not affect your results, sorry to say.
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

Jeff,

I have the Savoy script for you for the cost of shipping. I'll see what else I have got in my storage next (hood trim without clips?).

Ron
Cars are to be Enjoyed, not Admired...
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

When you can come to Carlisle there will be no shipping cost for the Savoy emblem and I think you will be able to find some of the other parts. You probably won't find a front valance there but at least you'll have a great time.

Ron
mfpsky1

Post by mfpsky1 »

Wow Ron, your coming from The Netherlands to Carlisle. I'm only a 6 hour drive from there and don't know if I'll make it. I'm sure going to try though. Sadly my daily driver isn't very reliable, and I'm not sure what the restrictions are on my Historical plates. Hmm, I need to research that. She's no show car, but I doubt if anyone would sad to see her in the lot. I really should do a dual master cylinder conversion before driving her that far though.
Jeff, Lakewood, Ohio
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

mfpsky1 wrote:Wow Ron, your coming from The Netherlands to Carlisle. I'm only a 6 hour drive from there and don't know if I'll make it. I'm sure going to try though. Sadly my daily driver isn't very reliable, and I'm not sure what the restrictions are on my Historical plates. Hmm, I need to research that. She's no show car, but I doubt if anyone would sad to see her in the lot. I really should do a dual master cylinder conversion before driving her that far though.
For us it is just a two hour drive and 9 hours of flight 8) I will put the Savoy script aside and take it with me to Carlisle, if you can't make it I can send it to you from Philly so the shipping price won't kill you.

Ron
mfpsky1

Post by mfpsky1 »

I've sent emails to Big M and Freman's Auto If anyone knows any place else to try, please let me know. Ron what date are you going to be at Carlisle? I have a can't miss family event July 10th. Should I go Friday or Sunday. Are pickens slim by Sunday? I have to make it there, even if my girl doesn't! Thanks so much! :D
~Jeff
Jeff, Lakewood, Ohio
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

We will be there from Friday morning until Saturday night. We usually skip the Sunday as there is not much to do then, most vendors are gone then. Friday is the best day for parts hunting! I like the Saturday best with the socializing and the diner at the Forwardlook tent. All 57-59 cars are parked around this tent and you will meet lots of nice people there who might be able to come up with parts for you or know where to get parts. I will sent you a PM with my cell phone number, always nice to meet other 59 Plymouth owners 8) If you plan to bring your Savoy you need to register for the fun field and you'll have no trouble finding a spot to park and show your ride.

Ron
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

For new reproduction rubber (urethane) parts, such as weatherstripping, Gary Goers is always the way to go. Do you have his catalog? In there you will find exactly the w/s you need. He also will have the cat whiskers/window fuzzies for sweeping your windows. I think he also sells generic clips. He used to sell electric parts too, such as headlight switches...I dunno if he still does.
Contacting him is pretty hit-and-miss (your e-mail will most likely not get answered), but getting parts from him seems never-fail. There is a certain way to go about it, however.
I suggest you get the catalog (available on line), select your items, do your best to calculate the shipping and handling, then send him a check for a few dollars MORE than your total. This way Gary doesn't have to take time out to communicate with you, he will just hand the order to his help and you get your parts and a check for the difference, if any, in a reasonable time.
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

Hey Jeff,

Matthew started digging today and came up with some of the parts you need. We did not polish anything so the parts will be actually better than in the picture.
Already told you that the Savoy script would be for free, for the other parts I am asking a $25 donation to the 59 Plymouth website and a beer for me as compensation for the shipping. Matthew told me that we also have the dash trim piece without the hole for the mirror in case you don't have a remote mirror.
I will look for more when we have more time, there are too many soccer games on TV with the World Championship going on 8) I cheered for team USA yesterday, anybody gonna cheer for the Dutch team tomorrow :?:

Ron
IMG_0500.jpg
trim piece for dash by headlight switch
IMG_0501.jpg
trim piece for dash by headlight switch
IMG_0502.jpg
fin savoy script
IMG_0503.jpg
fin savoy script back
IMG_0504.jpg
interior door latch handle with retaining clip with ok chrome
IMG_0505.jpg
interior door latch handle with retaining clip with ok chrome back
IMG_0508.jpg
trunk Plymouth Script
mfpsky1

Post by mfpsky1 »

Wow, that's fantastic. I don't have the remote mirror, In fact the mirror I do have doesn't appear to be correct at all, and it's mounted to the door. Can't really see anything out of it. :shock: I found a remote mirror on eBay, they want $700 for it!! :shock: Think I'll not be buying that. The rest of the parts look great! How do I go about donating to the site, that would be my pleasure. Shipping beer to the Netherlands may be an issue though. :D I'm fairly sure I can make it to Carlisle on the 9th, but only for a few hours. Saturday is my family's annual pig roast, and have to be there at 5am Saturday to get the pig on, the whole family is counting on it.I'll take Friday off, Six hour drive each way that doesn't leave much time for browsing, but I still can't wait. I've never gone to a show on that scale.
Jeff, Lakewood, Ohio
Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

Jeff, i'll check this week if we have a plate like that without the hole for the mirror.

I think we have one somewhere
July 14th 2019 “the soul crusher”
mfpsky1

Post by mfpsky1 »

Thanks, you guys are such a great help. Does anyone know a source of the push button surrounds? (gray plastic tube around the push buttons) 1 of mine has a light crack, and 1 is broken badly. Thanks again.
Jeff, Lakewood, Ohio
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

nobody is remanufaaccturing them, you will have to get them from a salvage yard, or from someone with spare Plymouth parts.
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

mfpsky1 wrote:The rest of the parts look great! How do I go about donating to the site, that would be my pleasure. Shipping beer to the Netherlands may be an issue though. :D I'm fairly sure I can make it to Carlisle on the 9th, but only for a few hours. Saturday is my family's annual pig roast, and have to be there at 5am Saturday to get the pig on, the whole family is counting on it.I'll take Friday off, Six hour drive each way that doesn't leave much time for browsing, but I still can't wait. I've never gone to a show on that scale.
Jeff,

Donating can be done at Carlisle, Dan will be there to accept it. Please no shipping ber to the Netherlands, we have more than enough here 8) My dad has worked for Heineken all his life and he always makes sure we have plenty of beer. But when we meet at Carlisle I sure would like a cold American beer :D
Would be great if we could meet but if it doesn't work out for you we can send you the parts from Philly, no big parts (for now) and it won't be too expensive.

Ron