Ray Woodbury's Belvy up for sale

eBay is where to find that elusive part!
Faulkner

Ray Woodbury's Belvy up for sale

Post by Faulkner »

"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Marjo Keij

Re: Ray Woodbury's Belvy up for sale

Post by Marjo Keij »

As a lot of you know I am traveling through the South West of the US now. Today we driove through Zion National Park on our way to Las Vegas when my navigation sent me the wrong way in my opinion. We stopped to check the map and just when I had decided to ignore TomTom and make a right turn a 59 Plymouth drove by 8) So I immediately followed TomTom's instruction and followed the 59 (hot persuit :D ).
following Ray.jpg
following Ray
After a few miles the 59 drove into a town and parked in a driveway. I got out of the car and introduced myself and he told me that his name was Ray Woodbury :o We had a nice chat for about half an hour and he showed me all details of the car.
car talk.jpg
car talk
He also handed me a paper with all the specs and modifications on his car as he still is trying to sell it. He is getting too old for it (his words) and if the right buyer comes along his path he will part with the car he still enjoys a lot. If anybody is interested I can provide the contact info for Ray.

Ron

PS the car is modified a little but he has all the original parts stored including the toilet seat.
Ray and his Belvedere.jpg
Ray and his Belvedere
interior.jpg
the interior
rear.jpg
rear
Marjo Keij

Post by Marjo Keij »

sorry, I posted again under Marjo's account :x I promise not to post anymore until I am back home next Saturday :cry:

Ron
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

Only you and Marjo can go to another country and quickly find another 59 driving the streets, How rare is that by sheer chance!

I have heard of a lot of people getting lost on the way to Vegas. But hey! what goes on in Vegas stays in Vegas! Unless you tell us about it! :lol:

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

I echo John's remarks. You two are amazing! And how FUN for you to simply come across a beautiful '59 Belvedere, rolling under its own power.
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

Denver 59 Fin Convert wrote:Only you and Marjo can go to another country and quickly find another 59 driving the streets, How rare is that by sheer chance!

I have heard of a lot of people getting lost on the way to Vegas. But hey! what goes on in Vegas stays in Vegas! Unless you tell us about it! :lol:

John Q.
Hi guys,

I am back posting under my own name. We had a great time in Vegas and we were really sad that we had to go home already :!: I would have loved to stay for the weekend to see the Nascar race, we did see the parade of all the trucks yesterday, they drove down the Strip and we really loved that. It was too dark too make decent pictures but maybe I can post a video of it after I have it digitized on my computer. I also have a video of the persuit of Ray's 59 that I will post someday, might be a while before I get this done but it is a promise.

I also got an email from Tom Fox who was in Vegas for the weekend and suggested we could meet Thursday night. Shortly after I read his email Marjo's computer died :x I tried fixing it but no luck and maybe it can't be brought back to life. So I had no way of contacting Tom as I did not memorize his cell phone number, it would have been a great way to end a memorable trip. Tom if you read this maybe we can meet again in Carlisle this summer? If not we are going to meet again when we plan our next North West trip 8)

Ron
Cars are to be Enjoyed, not Admired...
big m

Post by big m »

Sounds like you had a great trip, Ron!

---John
In rust we trust!
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

We sure had a great trip John! Just not enough time to make it to Big M this time, someday I will have to see that yard, and I was so close in 2009 when you were out of town because of all the fires in the area :(

I wrote about a document Ray gave me with all the specs (modifications) of his car and I just scanned it:
Ray Woodbury's Belvedere specs.jpg
tomf

Post by tomf »

Hi Ron, Marjo and all,
My son and I did watch the parade of trucks on Las Vegas Blvd Thursday evening in front of Treasure Island. Would have been great to see you folks, but without phones the odds of running in to each other were as bad as of winning in Vegas.

Here a few photos of the race on the weekend.
P1000989.JPG
P1010007.JPG
P1010010.JPG
P1010013.JPG
Jimmie Johnson"s burnout back across the finish line
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

Tom, It looks like you and your son had "Front row seats!" You should have brought down one of your cars and see if you can enter the race field.
Your 59 SF with the 413 long rams would have smoked them all. :D

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/
tomf

Post by tomf »

It would be fun to run around the track with my SF, but not with these guys! They travel 180MPH+ and my valves start floating around 150MPH.......
Tom
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

tomf wrote:Hi Ron, Marjo and all,
My son and I did watch the parade of trucks on Las Vegas Blvd Thursday evening in front of Treasure Island. Would have been great to see you folks, but without phones the odds of running in to each other were as bad as of winning in Vegas.
Hi Tom,

We were at the Treasure Island about an hour before the parade started :( We took a taxi back to the New york New York hotel because we couldn't walk anymore :roll: When we got back to our room I heard about the parade and we had to get back outside!
Are the pics from Saturday? We saw the weather forecast and felt sorry for all the people who made the trip to Vegas for the race as the predicted lots of rain on Saturday. Hope you had a great time there :!:

See you next time!
Ron

PS Marjo has a brand new laptop now that should be good for at least 4 years of communication.
tomf

Post by tomf »

The first photo is on Friday when we toured the pits, and watched the time trials. The last three photos were the big boys on Sunday and the weather was very nice. some sun and no rain. The Nationwide race on Saturday was cold and windy, with a delayed start because of the rain. It did start raining big time right at the end of the race, but we had left early and watched the finish on TV at Bally's where we stayed.

Tom