Visit to Jim Rawa's "Pomona Hot Rod Farm"

Got a question? This is the place to ask
Faulkner

Visit to Jim Rawa's "Pomona Hot Rod Farm"

Post by Faulkner »

This thread was to have been a followup to Jim's post on the ForwardLook email list, about how you can get great looking whitewalls with "Portawhites" for a fraction of the cost. Instead, it properly should be a testimony to the man himself.

Jim is a true Renaissance man. Coming from a Biomedical Engineering background -- a story in itself -- Jim does it all, from welding to painting to engine rebuilds to interior work to tranny rebuilds. But it doesn't just stop with cars. Jim recently purchased a former chicken ranch in South Jersey, and is in the process of redoing all the major systems in the house himself. He cleared the land of scrub timber -- the land you see the 4 Plymouths parked on (below) -- and restored the chicken house as a 275 foot long garage for his 40+ cars.

Jim had so many stories about these cars, I can hardly recount with the justice they deserve; and there are more pictures than I can post here. But I did visit Jim so he could mount my tires with Portawhites, and that he did with expertise and precision.

He and his fiance Megan were gracious hosts -- just another example of the fine car people you meet, when engaged in the hobby we share. If you're ever in South Jersey, look Jim up. A visit to his car ranch will be a real treat.

Dan
1.JPG
A bevy of beautiful Plymouths
2.JPG
Jim beside one of his gorgeous reconstructions
3.JPG
275 feet long! I couldn't capture it all in my shot
4.JPG
Megan and Jim on the inside of one wing of the garage
5.JPG
Jim mounts the Portawalls with care and precision
6.JPG
The finished product! Indistinguishable, unless you peel back the Portawall, from the real thing
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"