59 tail lights wanted please.

Looking for something? Post it here!
aussie59plymouth

59 tail lights wanted please.

Post by aussie59plymouth »

Hi I am after some good rechromable tail light bodys Or some show finish pieces. I took my pitted ones to the platers and they said they were too far gone. Can any body help me here in Australia. Thanks Dean McDonald.
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

This seems like the perfect kind of thing to ask George Laurie to reproduce, Dean -- he's "down under" where you are. But then, there's so many MoPar parts folks would like him to reproduce...

As you know, these parts are like hen's teeth, and even though you see them once in a while on eBay, you know you're going to get outbid unless you have very deep pockets. As I recall, Stefan had a pair reproduced for him once, but I forget the details. Care to comment, Stefan?

Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

hello,
george Laurie makes repro lenses, not pot metal bodies (housings). I have several pairs of housings..I will look for the best of what I have and send you a picture. When the potmetal erupts in blisters, due to a metal interaction I am told,. there is no option but to drill out the pits and fill them with something inert...lots of work.
batmobile

Post by batmobile »

i'm looking for a tailight also. found a pair on ebay- like 40 bucks (which wasn't bad), and what i got was a primo driver side with ext, and a cracked pass (which is the one i didn't have in the first place). i have a nos ext for pass, just looking for a good housing and bezel. no big rush on it though.--j
There will be no bringing her back here, I'm selling this sh**hole and buying me a condo.
ajorrj

Re: 59 tail lights wanted please.

Post by ajorrj »

aussie59plymouth wrote:Hi I am after some good rechromable tail light bodys Or some show finish pieces. I took my pitted ones to the platers and they said they were too far gone. Can any body help me here in Australia. Thanks Dean McDonald.
I have two sets one better then the outher set should be rechrom 1 set $100.00 the outher one $75.00 + shipping Richard Tetzlaff ajorrj@aol.com
sportfury1959

Post by sportfury1959 »

Hello All,

Yes I’ve made a set for my car back in the mid 90ies. They look very good and will never pit again because they are made of brass. The negative side effect is that they are heavier than the original ones. About the price, I recall that I’ve paid something about 2.000.000 Escudos for a complete set. That was approximately 1.800 $. Today I believe that it is possible to reproduce them cheaper and even more perfect than mine are, because the mould builders have computer supported equipment now. - Even though that doesn’t mean that it will be really cheap. Remember, for a complete set 6 sand moulds must be made and usually the first attempt of reproducing them will fail in order to gain experience.

To reproduce one set will certainly be an expensive undertaking. I don’t know how much sets should be made to make such a reproduction economically viable, but I would estimate that 15 – 20 units would be necessary at least. Do we have so many people for such an investment?

Stefan
12.jpg
Moparluversince1964

59 suburban tail lights

Post by Moparluversince1964 »

I just recently aquired a 99% complete 59 Suburban custom 9 passenger, but the tail light assemblies are missing, any help would be wonderful. Thanks