Sheet metal, etc wanted.

Looking for something? Post it here!
Zeus

Sheet metal, etc wanted.

Post by Zeus »

Newbie here but really in need of some parts for my '59 Sav.... I appologize in advance for not knowing the technical names for these, but here goes... Yes, my avatar/signature is a pic of my Sav that was taken in 1988 only 1 year after I bought it (photoshopped the window tint and wheels only)... Also, you can see CURRENT pics in my photobucket account at http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v622/ ... 0Plymouth/

Major needed parts are:

- Both rear lower quarters

- Rear piece above bumper (where the license and tail lights mount) Image

- LEAF SPRINGS!!! (can you say "SAG"!!)

- One (preferrably original, don't want a "new" one) 14x5 steel wheel
- At least 4 left-hand thread wheel BOLTS (not studs and lug nuts)
- At least 2 right-hand thread wheel BOLTS
- Motor mounts for 3.8L 230 Flat-head 6
- Vibration damper for same (unless someone can tell me how to straighten out my "warped" one!)

Need a good place to find replacement rubber (ALL) to seal up interior again as all doors, windows are starting to leak due to dry-rot. Also, the strips that attach to door between metal and windows at the bottom (some kind of metal strip with felt or something on window-side, need inside and out).

ANY good info will help.. I'm scouring this forum and website for info but figured I'd post anyway since I'm new here!
Gary "Zeus" Smith
Four Oaks, NC
'59 Plymouth Savoy
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

Hi Gary,

First of all I want to welcome you to this forum!

For all rubber components you can contact Gary Goers. I don't have his contact info right now but I can post it tommorow. Or if you are in a hurry use the search and you will find it.

For sheetmetal I think John Fowlie (Big M on this site) is the guy that can help you out. His info can also be found by the search and I will post it later.

Both are really great guys and you will get good quality for your money.

See you at Chryslers @ Carlisle?
Ron Keij
Cars are to be Enjoyed, not Admired...
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

yews, you need Gary Goers' catalog, for sure.
The felt-covered pieces are sometimes called cat-whiskers.
Frank Worsham wants to sell his 4HT body only. He is up in MD.
fwdlkfjw@bcpl.net
Do you have a 57-8 Maual and 59 Supplement?
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

The contact info for Gary Goers:
Gary Goers
37 Amdahl Lane,
Kalispell, MT 59901
406 752 6249 (fax/phone)

He is not the fastes replier in the world but you will get what you need from him. There was a website with all Gary's parts but it has dissapeared. I do have a PDF file containing his catalog that I can send by email if you give me your email address in a PM.

John Fowlie can be contacted by email bigmauto@colusanet.com.

Ron Keij
Cars are to be Enjoyed, not Admired...
Zeus

Post by Zeus »

Outstanding! Why did I just KNOW that everyone on here would be so friendly and helpful... Thanks for all the useful information so far and I sure hope I can help someone out too. I'll definitely contact these folks and hope to get my baby back into shape soon (money will be the only thing holding me back now!) Thank you all so much for the info and please let me know if I can somehow be of assistance with anything.

I've found Gary Goers "temporary" website and downloaded his catalog thanks to you all.. It's right here.... http://www.tomandgaryinc.com/garygoers/. Thanks!
Gary "Zeus" Smith
Four Oaks, NC
'59 Plymouth Savoy
roliboni

Post by roliboni »

hi Gary,

here still one pair of helpful addresses with interesting parts. I hope it will help you.

http://www.oldmoparts.com/NAVIG.htm
http://www.kanter.com/

Greeting Roland :wink:
Mopar or no car ;O)
Zeus

Post by Zeus »

Hey Roland.. Thanks for the info! I've already known about Kanter for a while but the other one looks promising! Thanks for your efforts!
Gary "Zeus" Smith
Four Oaks, NC
'59 Plymouth Savoy