Your banter here!
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

Opps, my bad, Sorry.
Dick
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.
4dHT

Post by 4dHT »

:) WOW! I bet Faulkner can't wait to get home. LOTS of work Dan, but a great garage! Mine is small, has a few chinks in the walls, has mice/moles and when it rains really hard I get rain on the floor, but because the concrete is sloped the water goes down my also sloped driveway .. I hope you don't get what we got about a month ago here-- 4 inches of rain in about 12 hours. I'll take the ice! Beth.
batmobile

Post by batmobile »

:o hey i feel a little bit better now, my garage flooded last weekend. we had about that same amount of rain, but maybe it took 24 hours to come down. we need/ed it very bad, it has been dry here for the past few years. we still haven't totally recovered from the drought we had 6 years ago. so we'll take it where we can get it. i had a couple of inches of water in garage, it just has shingles (my dad had a few extra)on the floor to keep the grass from growing so the water dissappeared soon enough. have worked the ground right in front so the water won't puddle so bad right by the door. also will put cement in as soon as this truck is put back together. which by the way when the coolant filled up the cylinder and then the engine was started, it hydro-locked the bad boy and bent the no. 2 rod. the noise/knocking i was hearing was the piston hitting the crankshaft counter weight. no serious damage done to either. waiting on machine shop to return parts so i can start reassembly.
also, kind of off topic (i always am :oops: ) i just bought a boat, a 79 16ft tri hull w/ an inboard outboard 4 cylinder. it needed some points, i've got her running again, but she is still far from lake ready. it also means i have to get rid of one of my other projects. batmobile was never considered :D. i will have to sell the edsel. i did not like the feel of the car when u sat behind the wheel anyways, felt too cramped and the dash was too far away. that will free up some space and maybe some dough for my main gal. --jeremy
There will be no bringing her back here, I'm selling this sh**hole and buying me a condo.