dash

Got a question? This is the place to ask
ragtop

dash

Post by ragtop »

pulled a 59sports fury conv out of fairplay colo this weekend ,been sitting in the aspen grove for 30 years 99% complete some door trim missing on passenger door ,very little rust ,anyways there is a plate on glove box that says plymouth sports fury special built for then blank ,,,was that where whom ever ordered the carwas sposed to engrave his name or was it a sticker
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

Yes, hello who are you, and what do you want to do with the car..I have a buyer or two right now..
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

to answer your question, the plate would have been engraved by the dealer so as to "personalize" the purchae of the car...I have seen a few un-engraved plates........
ragtop

Post by ragtop »

i own a restoration shop here in colorado springs been restoring cars for 30 years this vehicle was purchased with a 59 sport 4 door wagon for parts car both cars are complete with motors wagon has some floor board rust but is restorable.these cars were among a collection of about a 1000, cars that are sitting in this valley the owner has passed away and the wife has asked me to put all vehicles up for auction which we are preceeding to do they will all be logged on a website come december,and auction off in june of 2007.we have some dodges and chryslers with hemis in them all cars are basicvlly from the 40s to the early 80s with majority being 50s and 60s,this was not a wrecking yard most cars are complete. stay tuned for more info
batmobile

Post by batmobile »

u got any '58s? or '60 plymmies? sounds like a heck of a find. can't wait to hear more! --j
There will be no bringing her back here, I'm selling this sh**hole and buying me a condo.
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

Hello Ragtop,
Thanks for the quick reply, and welcome to the group. Had you heard of us prior to your recent purchase of the two Plymouths, or did you buy the cars, then go searching on-line for a site on 59 Plymouths? The auction should be a big moneymaker for the widow...1000 "complete" cars...
There is a fellow Don Voloshin (sp?) in your area..(could that be you?)..he frequently offers vintage Mopars for sale in the Walter P Chrysler Magazine. I think he has a restoration shop too.
roger
ragtop

Post by ragtop »

no thats not me ,but another question need a few items like 7 buckles for seat upholstery,the pan ,aluminuim peice in the trunk lid ,have one but has damage .right door trim with center peice.
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

Hello Ragtop,
I sold all my buckles to Ron Keij of this List. I was gonna send a buckle to Gary Goers for him to reproduce, but I never got around to it.
Likewise, I sold my spare Flitesweerp decklid aluminum inserts. I see them on Ebay from time to time.
As for the missing door trim, you should post a picture of the door, so we can see exactly what is missing. Apparently the aluminum insert is missing, but what else...?
-roger-
ragtop

Post by ragtop »

here one pic of the door
World Wild car actioners 052.jpg
ragtop

Post by ragtop »

here more
yeah yeah 078.jpg
ragtop

Post by ragtop »

heres one needs a little hemi motor in it 1954 plymouth plaza 2 door wagon
yeah yeah 048.jpg
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

Okay, Ragtop, you need Middle (Anodized insert) and bottom trim for door. The trim is same left or right ,but the insert is cut for each side specifically. I will search my stuf for your needs. Is that you in the photos?
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

okay Ragtop, it might be time to reveal your identity..what's your name, where do you live and all that..The photo you posted does not show 1000 cars. Do you have more pictures to share?
ragtop

Post by ragtop »

thats one valley ,the pic i tookis in the middle looking down valley there is more to the north ,our survey concludes this weekend then we will put all these cars on a website for veiwing before auction, counted cars so far in the one valley at 521 sellable units working on other valley this weekend,yes thats me in the pic
batmobile

Post by batmobile »

i think that's what heaven may look like. lol :lol: --j
There will be no bringing her back here, I'm selling this sh**hole and buying me a condo.