Getting ready for Carlisle

Your banter here!
Faulkner

Getting ready for Carlisle

Post by Faulkner »

Well, it's a week until the Keij's arrive -- and Roger will be on their heels. Gotta get my act in gear with Faulkner.

The radials on the car now are actually in very good shape, I just have a slow leak in the one -- I tried to locate 205-75-14 wide whites this week, but with little luck. I'm going to buy them from Jim Benjaminson (Goodyear's, through the Plymouth Owner's Club) after Carlisle, I think. But tomorrow, I get the pinion seal installed and the exhaust leak fixed. Then when Matthew arrives, we can get to work on the vent window repair (and maybe, some weatherstripping). But we have lots of Philly sightseeing to do first!

Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

a guy once took me for a ride in his partially restored Fury. He likes to go fast, so he was going rather fast down the congested 3-4 lane highway when he realised he was in the wrong lane, so he applied the brakes and they grabbed hard to the right..scared me a lot. As I recall, the car had no interior, no seat belts. Dan, I don't think I will get that kind of ride from you
Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

It will be all fixed Dan! The vent window is easy when the door panel is loose. The door handle is always a problem for me because I don't know where the clip should go! The vent window is out in a couple minutes.
Gaskets? No problem!
Still a couple days to go Dan! Well, a couple. 6!!
July 14th 2019 “the soul crusher”
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Well, I took Faulkner to the shop yesterday for the pinion seal replacement and exhaust leak fix. By the time I got there, it started spritzing; then the heavens opened up, and I had no vent, so I couldn't roll the window up! I was 5 or 6 down on the list, so I had to take the car back to the garage... By the time I got home, the sun was out.

GRRRRRRRR!!!!

Maybe, I'll try again tomorrow...

Dan
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

rogerh wrote:... Dan, I don't think I will get that kind of ride from you
No, I'm not heavy on the pedal. Ain't got no seat belts, tho!

Well, I do, it's just that they're in a box... Along with 97 other boxes.

Dan
Faulkner

Re: Getting ready for Carlisle

Post by Faulkner »

Faulkner wrote:Well, it's a week until the Keij's arrive -- and Roger will be on their heels. Gotta get my act in gear with Faulkner.
The Dutch Invasion has commenced! Matthew's arrived, and is still zoned out from his transatlantic journey. Marjo and Ron arrive this afternoon... Then, Roger tomorrow! We're 6 days from Carlisle, and counting. Time to take Faulkner to the shop now...

Dan
rogerh

Dutch invasion

Post by rogerh »

I see it is forecast to be in the upper 80s-lo 90's there..for Matthew and his parents, used to the typical 50 degrees-and-cloudy, I forecst some heavy sweating..I am trying to pack for the trip now, but we are in summer mode here in Seattle...70s, 80's, just not that much humidity.
rogerh

arrived Philly

Post by rogerh »

Roger here, arrived Philly July 2. Dan met my plane at the airport, despite weather delays. Spent the evening on his front porch, getting to know the Keijes. Continued on to COnnecticut in the morning, and am back in Philly this afternoon to take in a Phillys baseball game with Dan, Marie and the Keijes. The wether hasnt been cooperative..lots of thundersotrms passing thru, but we are hopeful it will clear, for the game, and for Carlisle!
Faulkner

Re: arrived Philly

Post by Faulkner »

rogerh wrote:...but we are hopeful it will clear, for the game, and for Carlisle!
Glad you're back, Roger! See you at the game tonight. We can discuss Faulkner's leak over hot dogs and beer. Seems we've got a green stream from one of the exhaust manifold bolts... Gotta fix before Carlisle!

Dan
big m

Post by big m »

Sounds like you guys will all have a good time! A good friend of mine, Jim Paul, will be there at Carlisle as well, with a rusty Sport Fury convertible that he picked up for me in New York state. My plan is to graft the convertible pieces into the 2-door hardtop body in order to have a convertible. It is missing some of the trim around the windshield, and he will be looking for those items for me. I have a question that maybe you all could answer. The vin plate is located on the cowl, up near the brake master rather than in the door jamb like most I have seen. Where would the body info plate be located? He said it is not on the left or right side of the cowl. Please let me know if anyone can answer this question. Thanks, and have a good time! ---John
In rust we trust!
Faulkner

Re: arrived Philly

Post by Faulkner »

Faulkner wrote: Seems we've got a green stream from one of the exhaust manifold bolts... Gotta fix before Carlisle!
...and fixed, we are! We locked two nuts together on the stud, turned it out, permatexed it up, and slapped it back in. Look, Ma -- no leaks! Matthew has got the interior all back together, we're off for Carlisle in the morning -- "The Furyous Four!"

Dan
savvy59

Post by savvy59 »

Just to let you know I for one am enjoying your posts. I am glad you are finding time to post and let us out here see what it is like to have a group of guys with similar interest come together and have a great time at Carlisle.

I am only two hours away and can't make it this year because of medical issues, so I am living the experience through your notes.

Keep them coming,

Jealous in Ellicott City MD,

Curt
There's Nothing Finer Than My '59er!
rogerh

reply to Big M

Post by rogerh »

I for one am looking forward to seeing this rusty convertible! As for as I know, there IS no body plate on convertibles, only VIN plate-
-Roger-
Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

Getting ready for day 2 now. Faulkner is waiting in front of our rooms only one floor lower. It's amazing to see that many mopars together and most of them are looking amazing too!
Last night when we grabbed some food with other forward lookers we saw that Faulkner had a (little?) leak in the radiator but that will be fine.
We walked alot yesterday and we're going to walk even more today!
Almost time for breakfast, hope Dan and Roger are out of bed, they were tire especially Dan :P
We also have a picture of 6 59 owners together in front of Joe Leone's 59. It's on Dan's camera so we will have to wait when we are back at Dan's house
Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

We made it back to Dan's garage! Everything went good but on the last part of our trip we had some troubles. The transmission needs some adjustmenst. It was slipping so we had some trouble with getting on speed.
Yesterday we had Joe Leone's Fury, Dan's SF and David & John Wilson's SF next to eachother. We made a pic of the 59 Plymouth owners. Mark Coudriet forgot it and we ran into other 59 P owners after the pic.
But in my opinion, it was a great show with alot of nice people there!