valance for Suburban

Looking for something? Post it here!
Faulkner

valance for Suburban

Post by Faulkner »

I recently received this message. Can anyone help?
From: lutherCaudle2@comcast.net [mailto:lutherCaudle2@comcast.net]
Sent: Friday, October 28, 2005 1:44 PM
To: Dan Morton
Subject: RE: add to 59 plymouth list

Hi Dan
;Hope I got put on the mailing list of 59 Plymouth club.Can you direct me to someone that can help me find the front valance for my 59 Plymouth wagon.

(804) 276-7165
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

The front valance is probably one of the most hardest parts to find. A lot of 59 P's are missing them.
They can be found but it's tough! I also found one
July 14th 2019 “the soul crusher”
safetymike1977

Yeah... right

Post by safetymike1977 »

Everyone I know of has the tips, and are swiss cheese in between.
batmobile

Post by batmobile »

mine is flat as a pancake, a pretty rusted. that's what a hammer and bondo r fur!!
There will be no bringing her back here, I'm selling this sh**hole and buying me a condo.
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

i saved one that way, and I am thinking of grabbing another to see if I can save it as well. It was taken off a wagon I had, but the guy who took it never did anything with it, so I asked for it back and he said okay. now i gjust gotta go get it.
furyfever

Post by furyfever »

Hey RogerH,
I'm new to the site. Just got a 59 Fury 2 door hard top. The body is in great shape, but of course the valence is missing. I know it's been a while since your last post, but if you did get that valence back, would you be willing to sell it?
I've got Fury Fever and there ain't no cure!
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

furyfever wrote:Hey RogerH,
I'm new to the site. Just got a 59 Fury 2 door hard top. The body is in great shape, but of course the valence is missing. I know it's been a while since your last post, but if you did get that valence back, would you be willing to sell it?
Mr. Fever! What's your name, where are you? Send some pix plz!

Thanks
Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
furyfever

Post by furyfever »

Hi Dan!
My name's Phil and I'm in Atlanta, GA. I used to have a '60 impala, but I've been bitten by the Mopar bug.

The car is being shipped from Arizona and should be here the middle of next week. I'll take some pix and post them when it gets here. In the mean time, I've done a lot of research. I've already been trying find a valence. Is it next to impossible or what?
big m

Post by big m »

There is a chance I have a valance on one of the parts cars, but I would be certain that it is in poor shape. But still, one in poor shape is better than none at all.---John
In rust we trust!
furyfever

Post by furyfever »

big m wrote:There is a chance I have a valance on one of the parts cars, but I would be certain that it is in poor shape. But still, one in poor shape is better than none at all.---John
Awesome! I've got a call in to a few of the local scrapyards here in Georgia as well but I have to wait til tomorrow for them to call me back. What's your price?
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

I forgot about reclaiming that valance. It too was in bad shape. Arent there any in AZ?
furyfever

Post by furyfever »

rogerh wrote:I forgot about reclaiming that valance. It too was in bad shape. Arent there any in AZ?
My buddy in Phoenix called me last night and gave me the number of a big salvage yard there. I called them and the guy said he thinks he has one but has to check the yard. He said it would be at least a couple of days before he can let me know for sure. We'll see! The rest of the car is VERY rust free and complete, so I don't really mind if just the valance is held together by bondo and hope.
Dick Koch

59 Plymouth Valance

Post by Dick Koch »

I found a good source for used parts is Neil Freman in Montana. He takes a while to go and check if he has it, but he will get back to you. His site is www.fremanauto.com. Last time I looked he had around 17 59 plymouths.
Good Luck,
Dick.
big m

Post by big m »

Hey Fury Fever, I'll check on that valance and let you know tomorrow when I get back to the office.---John
In rust we trust!
furyfever

Post by furyfever »

big m wrote:Hey Fury Fever, I'll check on that valance and let you know tomorrow when I get back to the office.---John
Thanks John!
I really appreciate it. And thanks to all the members: I've been reading the various posts and all this knowledge will really make things a lot easier for me.

Thanks Dick! I'll check out that site.