New owner requires various parts

Looking for something? Post it here!
Wagon_Fins

New owner requires various parts

Post by Wagon_Fins »

HI guys we have just purchased a 59 DODGE Suburban (Plymouth Body Dodge Front) and have noticed these few thing need replacing or fixing,,, so far
  • Set of locks for Ignition, Doors and Glove Box (Tail Gate doesnt Lock?)
    Wagon over riders ( has wrong ones on it and tailgat sits at 45deg angle when open not flat
    Fuel sender or Gauge (not sure which is busted yet)
    Indicator mech (ours is removed and broken)
    Interior light
    Wagon Tail light assemblys both sides, ours work and are ok for now but pitted badly

Thats it for now, if you are willing to part with these need bits they would need to be shipped to Adelaide Australia. So you can imagine how hard these are to get locally considering its the only one like it here

Thanks
is a Plymouth,, its a Dodge,, NO its a Plodge!!!!

id love you hear from all other Aussie 59 owners

rogerh

Post by rogerh »

Thanks for the pictures..that is a rare combination car, no doubt! I don't have the facts in front of me..is that a factory original car, or a home-made job?
Most of the parts you list are seen on Ebay regularly. I can try to give you a heads-up when I see the auctions beginning..maybe other members will join in on this?
The 59 Plymouth tailgate does lock in the following way...if a person can't roll down the window, they can't open the tailgate.
If your car has power tailgate window, the lock disables the power, if you have the manual window, the lock disengages the crank.
What is an "Indicator Mech"?...another word for fuel gauge?
Wagon_Fins

Post by Wagon_Fins »

Thanks for that... the car is factory built and has the manual rear window winder

indicator mech is the turn signal switch

Wagon_Fins

Post by Wagon_Fins »

Thanks for that... the car is factory built and has the manual rear window winder

indicator mech is the turn signal switch

Unfortunatly we have to offer the car for sale :( very regretful but will still keep an eye out for parts. We arent in hurry to sell it to someone who will cut her up. she is very much loved where she is for now