Air conditioning

Got a question? This is the place to ask
martin59

Air conditioning

Post by martin59 »

Really weird question but has anyone ever put a air conditioning unit in there Plymouth. I have a parts car I bought and was sitting here thinking about it useing a 77 Aspen air conditioning / heater core with plumbing to the 318 out of the Aspen. My Plymouth had a engine but the block was cracked so I was going to use this engine. Thanks
big m

Re: Air conditioning

Post by big m »

I have a complete factory air conditioning set-up for a '59 Plymouth if you decide to go that route. It is a big job to install, however.

--John
In rust we trust!
Faulkner

Re: Air conditioning

Post by Faulkner »

martin59 wrote:Really weird question but has anyone ever put a air conditioning unit in there Plymouth. I have a parts car I bought and was sitting here thinking about it useing a 77 Aspen air conditioning / heater core with plumbing to the 318 out of the Aspen. My Plymouth had a engine but the block was cracked so I was going to use this engine. Thanks
Just to note - the '59 318 was an "A" Poly block, the '77 Aspen 318 is an "LA" block. They are different. Unless you are also planning to swap out the trans (and then, do something about the driveshaft!), as I recall there will need to be an adapter plate - others here have done it, and know more than I. Just a headzup...

Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"