ALLPAR ARTICLE.

Your banter here!
Dick Koch

ALLPAR ARTICLE.

Post by Dick Koch »

Hey Guys - I'm having a debate with a fellow collector (MOPARS) about Christine. He has a 58 Fury and swears the Christine was a Fury, I say Christing was a Belveder and misnamed for the movie, what say allya'll. While trying to get the correct information on the net I came across this article. Scroll down and check out that Green 59 Sport Fury.
Dick.
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.
Dick Koch

Re: ALLPAR ARTICLE.

Post by Dick Koch »

Opps, here is the article.
Dick

http://www.allpar.com/model/fury.html
Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

Christine was a Belvedere.

Was it a 4 door in the book?
July 14th 2019 “the soul crusher”
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

Matthew - I didn't read the book but in the movie when Christine was returning to the garage while on fire and backing into her parking space that was a 4 door.
Dick.
Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

Yes, that was a 4dr sedan.
Thought she was a 4 door in the book too.

She was a Fury in the book. It has to be a Belvy in the movie because of the color
July 14th 2019 “the soul crusher”
WDJ40

Post by WDJ40 »

I saw the movie but was never a big fan of this horror film.
I always thought “Christine” was a 1958 Plymouth Belvedere, but named a Fury created by the mastermind of Horror Stephen King.
Some major changes made from the book to movie: Christine now became a two door Fury, like the factory car, with the exception of her color.
There is no mention as to why she is “born” red, but the opening scene of her on the assembly line gives an indication she was a special order Fury.
'Get your motor runnin' Head out on the highway'
Looking for adventure' In whatever comes our way'

Steppenwolf - Born To Be Wild Lyrics | MetroLyrics
Mark Merritt

Post by Mark Merritt »

I read that the movie was A Fury,however in the "girl in car door lock scene" the locks are that of A Belvedere,the top sill button,the Fury did not have that type,they had the lever type,and would not have been right for the drama effect.There were I think 17 {wrecks} used in the movie,just painted,some didn,t even run,only to be burned, wrecked,or run over by A bulldozer. Mark M
ONLY ORIGINAL ONCE!!!!!
big m

Post by big m »

I read the book years ago when it came out, IIRC, the car was a 4-door Fury, which of course, pointed to Stephen King's limited automotive knowledge, as there were no 4-door Furys until '59.

The movie was a little less clear, model-wise, as there were no specific badges on the cars used. 2-door cars were used in the majority of the scenes, though. The owners of two of the surviving film used cars have bought parts from me, and I do know the one car started life as a real Fury, with a three speed on the column.

I was invited to a get-together in Palm Springs several years ago, and met three of the actors from the film, they all were quite personable. Of course I made the 500 mile [each way] trip in my own '57 Fury, red, gold and white, not a Christine clone.

In rust we trust!
Mark Merritt

Post by Mark Merritt »

Thanks John,I knew you could shed some light on it,I remember the pics and you meeting cast members,cool !!!!!!! Mark M
ONLY ORIGINAL ONCE!!!!!