Correct interior

Got a question? This is the place to ask
Faulkner

Re: Correct interior

Post by Faulkner »

Guyman wrote:"PERFECT"...thanks....for some reason there are NO links when I view the index page on that site.
Sorry, Guyman - Certain parts of the website (designed in 1820 :oops: ) use Flash. As a web designer, you probably know that Jobs thought Flash was anathema because it was not an industry standard. I'm betting you were using an iPad.

Believe it or not, folks, I'm hung up on a couple technical issues in the background, but once I resolve them, there will be some nifty changes to the Forum - but also to the home page, which I will turn into a portal. You'll just have to trust me! (And, Mary Kay will have to not see me sneak off to the home office...)

Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

We all can't wait to see how they turn out Guy! SMS was the source for most of my interior material. Good quality! Had them do the door panels too and they were stellar!

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/
Guyman

Post by Guyman »

Hey Dan, you are correct., probably Flash....and I was on my Ipad...so that's why I couldn't see the links.

On the buckles...I took a look at one of the buckles machined today., just got the program done for the back of the buckle...with the two tips sticking out for the press on nuts., they look like they will work great....once you press on the nuts., they are on to stay... and with two contact points to mount the buckles, will be much more stable on the upholstery or doors. Good think is I am doing my upholstery right now., so I will know the length of the tips for the seats and door panels. The front of the buckle should be machined tomorrow night.

On the door panels., I cancelled my $895 panels from SMS and bought the upholstery to do them (SMS was like at least 6-8 months out they told me when I ordered., they said "sometime next year"....really?....Fck that..., I didn't want to wait that long). My upholsterer said he could duplicate them no problem...so we'll see how they come out. AND he uses ABS plastic...so NO warping!!!!

Will post pictures of a finished buckle when I get one done and the door panels!.
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

To bad about the delivery time from SMS, they took 6 months to make mine, two years ago. I had my local upholstery guy make me a set as a back up and they turned out well for a third of the cost.

I ended up using the SMS ones on the car in the end but both would work well for me. Good luck!

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/