59 fury fin script needed

Looking for something? Post it here!
zook250

59 fury fin script needed

Post by zook250 »

hi. does anyone have a "fury" script for the passenger side rear fin for a 59 fury? the one on our car has a section missing at the tail end of the "f".
any help finding a good one would be greatly appreciated

thanks
curt
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Curt, are they the same as on the Sport Fury?

I purchased a pair from George Laurie in Australia -- here's a pic of one, unpainted. Are the Fury's silver, instead of gold? I believe George makes these as well...

You're welcome to the ones that are on my car, after I replace them. Warning: I'm "The World's Slowest Auto Mechanic", so unless Matthew Keij makes a surprise visit to do the work for me, it's going to be a while :lol:

Here's George's email (last I emailed him), if you want to discuss with him. His work is impeccable: georgelaurie@bigpond.com

Dan
1959_fury_script_gold_no_black.jpg
Last edited by Faulkner on Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
sportfury1959

Post by sportfury1959 »

Dan,
how much did you pay for a Set?

Stefan
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Well, it's involved, Stefan -- several years ago, I and 4 other guys contracted with George to reproduce '55 taillights (I had a '55 then). George thought he could do it -- then, discovered it was much more complex than it was. I had negotiated the deal with him, so I ended up buying them out, while I waited to see if George could make it work. I ended up getting Faulkner, and George offered to give me the emblems instead.

I'm murky on the details -- it was so long ago, and had such a convoluted history -- it's hard to say what I effectively paid for them. The best thing to do, I think, would be to email George and ask him what he wants for them. Sorry I can't really give you a number.

Dan
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

Hi All,

You can find George Laurie's parts and prices here:

http://www.ifrance.com/c-i-f/laurie.htm

I have dealt with him about a year ago and it was an A++ experience, honest guy who makes excellent repro parts.

The Fury (silver) and Sport Fury (gold plated) logo's are $100 a pair.

Ron
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

I WAS going to point out that Fury scripts are silver, while Sport Fury scripts are gold, but apparently George makes both?
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

rogerh wrote:I WAS going to point out that Fury scripts are silver, while Sport Fury scripts are gold, but apparently George makes both?
Yup -- chrome for Furys, gold for SFs.

Dan
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

also, I havent looked at George Laurie's site (thanks for posting the link!), but I do know that the original Sport Fury script is stamped aluminum, whereas the Fury script is cast pot metal. Further, the calligraphy is different.
ajorrj

FURY SCRIPT

Post by ajorrj »

I have a good set of Fury Script [back fender] in black that what it was in 59 $50.00 pair + shipping money back if not happy
Richard
ajorrj@aol.com