Question #2

Got a question? This is the place to ask
Guyman

Question #2

Post by Guyman »

My PVC valve... rubber hose that comes off the valve cover has no where to go., I have no provisions on the carb base to attach it to.

So., what do I do...besides getting an aftermarket oil breather on there?..I see in the manual they just let it hang down below the engine if it is a metal tube., mine is not., it's rubber.

Thanks., Guy
oil.jpg
Matthew Keij

Re: Question #2

Post by Matthew Keij »

It is indeed a metal pipe that goes down.
It's making a curve to the rear of the engine and it ends close to the torsion bar.

You could hang the rubber hose that way and try to get an original tube
July 14th 2019 “the soul crusher”
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

Guy - That metal pipe is called a down draft tube, oil vapors are sucked out of the engine and under the car which usually leaves an oily film on the undercarriage and a drip puddle on your garage floor.
I installed a PCV valve on the passenger side valve cover of Charleen and Bertha Irene with a hose going to the carburetor, any vapors are burned in the engine.
Dick.
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

Oh, there is usually a brass plug in the rear of the carb. that you can remove and replace with a barbed hose fitting.
Dick.
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

I went to a PCV on my car also, Rick Clapham (Mopar Ricky) who rebuilt my original carb, Also drilled and tapped a port for me below in the front base of the carb below the throttle body and installed a hose nipple for me to allow the attachment of the PCV hose to the carb.

End results are much less engine smells and oil condensation drippings on the floor, And it is good for the environment not to be dripping oil on the streets :mrgreen:

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/
Guyman

Post by Guyman »

I got it all hooked up today (power brakes) and the new power brake set up is really nice...I am glad I took the time to change it out from the manual brakes....world of difference.

Guy