sun visor

Looking for something? Post it here!
dodgebrothers

sun visor

Post by dodgebrothers »

We are rounding the final stretch on our SF and found we are missing one whole sunvisor. Apparently these are sport fury only as all the rest of the cars we have are completely different. Anyone have any ideas on where to find something like this? Thanks. Ken
Dick Koch

Re: sun visor

Post by Dick Koch »

There are a ton of them on ebay. Do a search for 59 Plymouth parts and accessories sun visor.
Dick.
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.
dodgebrothers

Post by dodgebrothers »

Thanks

I also need the metal arm that bolts to the roof.

Thanks again
Ken
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

Ken - As far as I know the only arm assy that was different was for the convertible. the base plate where it screws to the header was different on the convertible, it was longer and had a rod on the end that fits in a holder. Everything else had no rod and no holder and was shorter. If you go on ebay there should be some visors with the metal arm in them. If not contact John Fowlie at BIG M. bigmauto@calusanet.com. he has several 59's in his yard.
Dick.
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

Dick, is spot on, the convertible arm on the sun visor is unique to the convertible. Very hard to locate with convertibles parts being so scarce. Not impossible but tough to find.

Calling on Matthew Keij... do you think Jim Hampsher (SP?) might have any of these? Jim would be my most likely source of spare convertible parts?
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

DUH. John - I dun gottem from Jim Hamsher, I be one lucky guy. The ones I had I sent to John Fowlie along with a brand new set of Convertible visors I got on ebay. They are the same as Desoto or Dodge convertible. The base (part that screws to header but without rod) I got a pair of beautiful reproductions from Gary Goers. Catalog 10, page 51, part #CHR13 SUNVISOR MOUNTING PLATES 58 - 59 ALL MAKES CVT L OR R. $37.00 EA.
Dick.
dodgebrothers

Post by dodgebrothers »

My SF is a hardtop and only had one visor when we got it. It is kind of rounded like a 3 leaf clover, but the ones in our other cars have a square base that attaches to the roof. It looked like they had a different bolt pattern but didn't take one off to check. That is why I figured that SF was different. I will have to check.
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

Duh? Gosh Dick that hurt!! LOL Good to know it is the a HT that he looking for and not the convertible style. John Fowlie should have them/

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/
Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

John Fowlie has at least 1 SF hardtop.

The ones I had for the Fury were different if I remember correctly.
Dont know if Sedan and hardtop sun visors are different
July 14th 2019 “the soul crusher”