Anodized Trim

Got a question? This is the place to ask
Donny

Anodized Trim

Post by Donny »

I have a '59 Belvedere 2Dr HT. Due to an unfortunate construction accident in Montana in July
we sustained some surface damage. I would like to replace all the anodized trim pieces if possible, or have them re anodized. Does anybody know of a supplier or the address of someone who can re-anodize? Also, does anyone know how these pieces are attached to the body? Is it glue? Thanks Don from Canada ps. that's my Belle in the snow up on the Board Index
Matthew Keij

Re: Anodized Trim

Post by Matthew Keij »

Hi Don,

The inserts should be hold by the trim it self. So if you get the trim off they will fall off.
Best thing to do is to get them on with double sided tape so there is no moving between these and the body.

As for the re-anodizing, no idea! Someone else is going to have to jump in for that
July 14th 2019 “the soul crusher”
Dick Koch

Re: Anodized Trim

Post by Dick Koch »

Hi Don - I'm currently restoring my 59 SF hardtop and am at the stage of putting all the trim back on. As Matthew recommended I'm using pieces of double sided tape about 1" x 2" spaced about 12" apart. Re annodizing is very, very expensive, and finding replacement pieces can be done but it's not easy. Check Hemmings Motor News for companies that do annodizing. If your aluminum pieces are not destroyed I recommend you using a light abrasive cleaner such as Mother's aluminum and mag cleaner. DO NOT SAND THEM TO CLEAN THEM UP because it removes the anodizing and the corrode faster.
Dick
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.