Colorado Belvedere Convertible progressing

Works in progress. Or, whose progress has been completed!
rogerh

Re: Colorado Belvedere Convertible progressing

Post by rogerh »

This is confusing: Rick, didin tyou supply this pumpkin to John? Maybe you are asking if his car's existing pumpkin is a suregrip.......
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

Rick and Roger, I did look at the 3rd member chunck and thought it was an open style not a Shure grip. I will review my pictures again but was sure it was an open gear set since I could see the spider gears and did not see any clutch pack on it.

The 2.94 that I tool out was open also. but now I will have to go back under and check the flat pad and will spin the tires again to make sure it is an open style. I can only hope it is a shure grip. If it is I will I owe you some dollars for a shure grip rearend!

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/
RICKYMOPAR

Post by RICKYMOPAR »

Sorry, I realize this was confusing, after reading again. I was trying to be informative on how to tell these things when the axle is assembled.Kind of a FYI for the readers. Yes your chuck is an open non-sure grip.
wyomingsportfury

Post by wyomingsportfury »

A blue convertible! That would be beautiful!
Bill Higgins
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Kinda a blue, The pictures never seem to show the right hue of color. It is a Spring Color for 59 Plymouth's called, simply enough, Turquoise. It is very blueish with a Slight hint of green. Have to see it in person, Which you will since you live pretty close to me ( hour and half).

My wife and I did not like Black at all and looked for a 50ish color and found that there was Spring Colors late in the year that could be ordered on Plymouths and voila! Here it is!

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

Denver 59 Fin Convert

This just in....I have been finishing up the rear brake jobs, axle seals and a differential upgrade to a 3.58 to 1 rear end on the Convert. I spent Sunday with 3 buddies getting the used 4 post lift moved from another house in my town the 5 miles to my house/Garage.

I had to clean up the one bay, push stuff to the back and temporarily crame a bunch of stuff in the convert to make room for the lift. I will re-allocate the stuff this week to the basement or re-install on the car as needed. The convert is still up on Jack stands awaiting the drum re-install.

Here is the lift. It was used by my Neighbors Uncle to store his Corvette and then his Lexus SUV so it had light duty for the many years. Cost to me $1500 and then $60 for the sit down lunch for my car buddies who helped me. Runs on 120 volt house voltage.

Took us about an hour to dis-assemble it, then transport it on an open trailer to my house, where it took 2 hours to re-assemble it and hook up all the cables and adjust the postioning. Have not put the convert on it yet till I get it back on all 4 wheels, but should be nice to be able to work on the underside and have car storage too.

Just trying to keep up with Dick Koch and his fleet and car lift..... (Rick Clapham has a lift too!)
100_4219.JPG
100_4220.JPG
Blue tarp is a drip device shield made by former owner to be used in-between the rails
100_4221.JPG
Have to get a heat gun out for the removal of the Chuck's Vette stickers and replace with Mopar stickers!
Last edited by Denver 59 Fin Convert on Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

Hi John - Nice lift, looks brand new, that's a good price, the guys down here are paying close to $2200.00 after shipping installation et. al. Mine is a two post, only problem is positioning the arms on my knees, it hurts. but easy to work on car. I store one car up and one car down. Good luck with it an I'm sure you will enjoy it.
Dick.
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Thanks Dick! I wanted the 4 post version since I have to occasionlly get my wife's Pacifica in the garage during snow storms and the two poster would be a problem with her car door banging into it.

Mopar Ricky (Rick Clapham) has a 4 post lift but his is heavier duty then mine. Rick lives about 15 mins away from me. Mine does look new but was told it was 13 years old but seldom used and it shows. I think it was a deal. I am pleased with it. :P

My wife just shakes her head at me with my car toys. This would have been great when I was welding the floors on. but can now use it to put an exhaust systems on and adjust the parking brake assembly. At least I have another space to park a car in for the winter. :wink:

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

Any progress???? :mrgreen:
July 14th 2019 “the soul crusher”
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Matthew! Get out of Bed and lets start working on the car!! Today we will work on the car (yet again!) go to a Napa store! and hit the Golden Cruise!! Looks to be a great day! :P

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

Denver 59 Fin Convert

Here are some pic's of the progress we have had on the convert since Matthew's arrival in Colorado. Now off to Carlisle on Weds! Or at least to Dan's house and then to Carlisle on Friday!

John Q & Matthew K. :lol:
100_4250.JPG
100_4251.JPG
Drivers side only, no clips left for the molding on the passenger side.
100_4252.JPG
100_4253.JPG
100_4254[1].JPG
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

Denver 59 Fin Convert

Unseen in the pictures is the fact that the ball joints are tighten up with cotter pins and rear axles have cotter pins in too!

Fender and Hood gap are with-in tolerances, or at least the best we can do! Seems like not to much but just never finished it.

ADD OS (OS stands for Ohhh Shinny!) is what I have!!! :P

Car looks Blue but the Turquoise color just does not show up well in the garage at all.

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

Yea, Yea, I like.
Dick.
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.