search for a replacement heater core.

Got a question? This is the place to ask
furyman

search for a replacement heater core.

Post by furyman »

i noticed a green fluid leaking under the passenger side of my fury.its obviously coolant (or i ran over a alien).upon further investigation i noticed it was coming from the right lower area of the firewall so it has to be the heater core or maybe the water control valve.my usual sources turned up nothing for a replacement.so my question is,is there a source out there for a new one?or is there a shop that will build me one?(looking at the picture in the manual shows me it is very unique piece)also what about the control valve/ebay only or is there a preferred shop that will rebuild it?i am thinking about doing them both at once to save myself the heartache of talking it apart twice.thanks in advance for the wonder ful knowledge this form provides!
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Re: search for a replacement heater core.

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

Furyman, go to page two of this tech chapter and it will discuss in a thread on how to repair your own Heater Control Valve (HCV) By going to NAPA and picking up a ten dollar rubber seal end you can rebuild your own HCV.

download/file.php?id=3573

The heater core you can take to most radiator shops and they can solder or repair the leaks. If the Heater core is rotted out then get a hold of John Fowlie (Big M) and he can dig up a core for you to get repaired.

Hope this helps!

John Q,
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/
Steve Storey

Post by Steve Storey »

I've utilized Classic Heaters at classicheater.com to recore some of mine. They're still hoding water.
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Denver 59 Fin Convert wrote:Furyman, go to page two of this tech chapter and it will discuss in a thread on how to repair your own Heater Control Valve (HCV) By going to NAPA and picking up a ten dollar rubber seal end you can rebuild your own HCV.

download/file.php?id=3573

The heater core you can take to most radiator shops and they can solder or repair the leaks. If the Heater core is rotted out then get a hold of John Fowlie (Big M) and he can dig up a core for you to get repaired.

Hope this helps!

John Q,
Wow, that's great, John - and it gives me the idea for a "How To" section in the Gallery...

Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

Something I posted has helped and it created an idea? Wow! That has never happened!

I am going out and buying a lottery ticket tonight! :wink:

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/